Black widow kills SC turkey

OBXArcher

Got lucky on opening day couple weeks ago. Only thing that could have made it better is if my son would have been with me. I miss hunting with him, he is in college at NC State right now.

April first was our opener. I am working nights so I headed out right after I got off at 6. Got there a little late since it's about a 2 mile walk back in. Right at 7:00AM they started gobbling. Sounded like a hundred behind me and to the south. I called a couple times to make sure they new I was there, then shut up. I have no confidence in my calling. I only use a box and slate, never could learned to use a diaphragm. They kept gobbling right up to 8:45, then went silent. I started getting tired and decided that I would leave at 10:00 to go home and get some sleep. At 9:45 I stood up in the blind and looked out and there he was 2 ft from my decoy. He started to mad and puffed up nice. A 8 yd shot anchored him in his tracks.

#53 BW PSAX, WW broadhead, GT arrow

Attachments

• Turkey.jpg
    Turkey.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Tureky3.jpg
    Tureky3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats! That is awesome! I would think a WW would indeed be a Wensel Woodsman. I've flung a few of them myself. They are very nice heads.