BITTER Sweet 64

herman

Six Pointer
Took my wife a dozen red roses yesterday for our 54 th anniversary .
We don't get to celebrate like most folks because she had a stroke back in 1991 that left her parlized .when she smiles its not like you and I smile, just presses her lips together.That looks like she is trying to smile.
She has been in a nursing home for 19+ years now.
I am there every day 3or4 hours with her except a few days for hunting each year and my daughter goes one or two days a week when she can so I can have some time to myself.
She turned 70 this year and I love her just as much now as I did the day we were married.
We took a vow when we were married to take care of each other thru sickness and health and I aim to do that as long as I live.
I am sure she would do the same for me if it was reversed.
With all that has happened to her she is the toughest person that I have ever seen.When she had the stroke the doctor said she would not make it through the night but she is still going 28 years later.

Last edited:

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Wow... thank you for sharing sir. Wish more folks would take your approach. Hope you have a special day and congrats.

Last edited:

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Herman your love and commitment is commendable and admirable. I do have to ask though, you said it’s your 64th anniversary and that she turned 70 this year. How is that?

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Congrats to you both Sir , when all else goes wrong true Love is what carries us day to day , and you both have that , congrats again

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.... What a great example of love..... I hope no one else has to walk that path....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Took my wife a dozen red roses yesterday for our 54 th anniversary .
We don't get to celebrate like most folks because she had a stroke back in 1991 that left her parlized .when she smiles its not like you and I smile, just presses her lips together.That looks like she is trying to smile.
She has been in a nursing home for 19+ years now.
I am there every day 3or4 hours with her except a few days for hunting each year and my daughter goes one or two days a week when she can so I can have some time to myself.
She turned 70 this year and I love her just as much now as I did the day we were married.
We took a vow when we were married to take care of each other thru sickness and health and I aim to do that as long as I live.
I am sure she would do the same for me if it was reversed.
With all that has happened to her she is the toughest person that I have ever seen.When she had the stroke the doctor said she would not make it through the night but she is still going 28 years later.

that made my heart and soul feel happy

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Don’t really know what to say. Never met you but have the upmost respect for you. Makes me look in the mirror and tell myself I need to reproach my marriage and not take things for granted.

You say your wife is strong but sir it is you that is truly the strong one.

Happy anniversary!

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Sir, you're the real deal! Boundless respect and admiration for your devotion to your wife and your wedding vows, traits which I feel are lacking in too many these days. My wife has been on kidney dialysis for the last 28 months but we do it here at home and it makes it tough to damned near impossible to go anywhere overnight for a hunting or fishing trip as it has to be done every night and I have no one around to help out but that's what I signed up for nearly 57 years ago so not complaining; she's been there for me.

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
Thanks for sharing your story and what true love really is.
Congrats to both of you..

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk