Birds still gobbling.......

30/06

Twelve Pointer
The wife was working in the garden over the weekend and she said our backyard gobbler is still at it gobbling away. I realize they don't stop once the season goes out but this seems late to me. Anybody else still hearing them? I hear gobbling every once in a while in the fall but its usually just one or two gobbles. This guy was gobbling hard.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i have not but the most knowledgeable hunter i know saw one strutting and gobbling on July 4th.
now that would be a treat on the 4th. :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
  • Seen them either in person or on cam strutting every month of year its not just for mating birds always fighting for pecking order. Not unusual to catch one gobbling throughout year usually in morning hours or late PM. Have you seen them have they grouped up?

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
I had one last year on bow season's opening day morning fire up at almost every sound that went through the woods....

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I heard hens yelping and clucking across the road this morning at 6 35am. Those birds were close too. They had to be roosted just behind the neighbors house.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Toms gobble and strut year 'round. Every birds position in the heirarchy of the flock can change from day to day. The pecking order is constantly being shuffled about. It starts the moment they hatch.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
  • Seen them either in person or on cam strutting every month of year its not just for mating birds always fighting for pecking order. Not unusual to catch one gobbling throughout year usually in morning hours or late PM. Have you seen them have they grouped up?
This

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Toms gobble and strut year 'round. Every birds position in the heirarchy of the flock can change from day to day. The pecking order is constantly being shuffled about. It starts the moment they hatch.

Yep. Working on the pecking order is a 24/7 365 days a year kinda thang...