Bimini Frame Repair?

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
A couple years ago I bent and repaired one of the bows in my bimini by inserting and riveting some aluminum into where it was bent. I bent it again in the same spot and it snapped.

I just got a quote from Great Lakes for a complete replacement frame and it's $1300.

As you can imagine, I'd rather not pay that.

Anyone know of a local-ish (coast is fine) canvas maker that can do bows, too?

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
Look at onlinemetals they are the ones I order from a lot. Fast delivery and great service look for aluminum tube the size you need.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
look at metal Supermarket.
There is one in Garner or check the local boat places. They keep old frames and may have a used part.
What kind of top.
I got a full top from Overtons a few years back wide and maybe 7 to 8 foot long for 300 ish. My guess is your frame is custom or something different.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
look at metal Supermarket.
There is one in Garner or check the local boat places. They keep old frames and may have a used part.
What kind of top.
I got a full top from Overtons a few years back wide and maybe 7 to 8 foot long for 300 ish. My guess is your frame is custom or something different.

I think I got a $400 quote from them last time a couple years ago. I suspect with all the new boats/boaters, the market is nuts.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
What are the measurements of the bent bow? I have an old one laying around.

sorry it took forever to reply. Just got back out here.

Looks like 7/8 aluminum, legs are about 51-52” to the bend. 83” wide at the base and the radius on the bends is maybe 12”’. The radius of the bend across the top is about 5’.