Biltmore Deer?

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Nope, not even all the LEO's are hunting. Only a couple have rights to hunt on the depredation permit, but they can only kill does. Mainly just the people who live on the estate have free range to hunt. As for the dog, it wasn't an employee's dog, it was Cecil family!

That will get you fired pretty quick.......one of the new guys that was working with the grounds crew flipped off one of the Cecils while he was riding thru...........that didn't work out to well.........

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I am really surprised that the haven't built a hunters lodge and started running hunts yet........must be scared all the antis will stop visiting the estate if they did that..........

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I am really surprised that the haven't built a hunters lodge and started running hunts yet........must be scared all the antis will stop visiting the estate if they did that..........

Most of the people involved with that aspect, honestly have no clue about the thinking.That is the idea, but they don't know. Bill Cecil loves to hunt himself. They have set up a gun club for skeet shooting, very state of the art at that, on the piece of property off of Brevard Road, so I wonder if that is the first phase of testing the water of having a sportsman's facet to the property.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
That will get you fired pretty quick.......one of the new guys that was working with the grounds crew flipped off one of the Cecils while he was riding thru...........that didn't work out to well.........
The funny thing is that they are some of the most down to earth people in the world as well. Very humble, very friendly.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I would like to see some of the pictures that would make my jaw drop. Just sayin

There are 2 posters here who have seen them, and both have agreed that they should be kept off of here. Every big buck killed or on trail camera from counties known to produce big bucks, comes under scrutiny on this website much less if I show you the deer from an estate in Western North Carolina, that would compete with areas of the Midwest. I don't want to defend what I know is real and truthful. Just know that the Biltmore probably produces the biggest deer regularly, of any other property in NC.

Last edited:

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Every big buck killed or on trail camera from counties known to produce big bucks, comes under scrutiny on this website much less if I show you the deer from an estate in Western North Carolina, that would compete with areas of the Midwest.

Understatement of the year. I believe you about Biltmore though, I'd love to model my future Buncombe county farm (one of these years it will happen) after them.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
There are 2 posters here who have seen them, and both have agreed that they should be kept off of here. Every big buck killed or on trail camera from counties known to produce big bucks, comes under scrutiny on this website much less if I show you the deer from an estate in Western North Carolina, that would compete with areas of the Midwest. I don't want to defend what I know is real and truthful. Just know that the Biltmore probably produces the biggest deer regularly, of any other property in NC.

I'd believe it :) My wife worked there and we used to use their range a couple times a year. I've seen some bigguns in and around that place.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
The funny thing is that they are some of the most down to earth people in the world as well. Very humble, very friendly.
yep...they have treated my Brother in law very good.......he had some 'issues' a few years ago and lets just say they were VERY accommodating to him and his situation......

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
We were over there a few years ago squirrel hunting and some of the deer I saw on that trip were pretty incredible..............also used to ride around Biltmore forest and see all those big bucks bedded in peoples yards and chasing does all around the streets....it was crazy

je32

Six Pointer
I understand that completely I just enjoy looking at great deer. I guess next time my wife wants to go up, I'll have something to look at.

flathead977

Ten Pointer

alt, have you or your dad killed any there that are bigger than than the one you already posted up? That's a really nice deer, I was hoping for more big bucks when I asked the original question when I started the post, but I understand where you are coming from about the scrutiny. It sucks that you can no longer hunt there.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
alt, have you or your dad killed any there that are bigger than than the one you already posted up? That's a really nice deer, I was hoping for more big bucks when I asked the original question when I started the post, but I understand where you are coming from about the scrutiny. It sucks that you can no longer hunt there.

I'm not trying to speak for alt but it has recently been brought to my attention that there are some deer much larger than the one pictured. The one above is exceptional but there is bigger. I mean no disrespect to your dad alt that is one heck of a whitetail but you obviously know what I mean lol

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hunted there from about 1978-1998 as an invited guest........not a bad place to deer hunt!! (or turkey hunt either):cool:

Doc

Twelve Pointer
I'm not trying to speak for alt but it has recently been brought to my attention that there are some deer much larger than the one pictured. The one above is exceptional but there is bigger. I mean no disrespect to your dad alt that is one heck of a whitetail but you obviously know what I mean lol

You're right. I think the buck alt posted is his dad's biggest from there. Pretty sure it was a bow kill. 2004 was 10 years ago. Crazy.

There are bigger bucks than the one posted.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
You're right. I think the buck alt posted is his dad's biggest from there. Pretty sure it was a bow kill. 2004 was 10 years ago. Crazy.

There are bigger bucks than the one posted.

He killed another about the same size, that he has mounted but I do not have any pictures of it on hand. I just don't know who is killing the monsters you see on TC, or if anyone even is. I don't get it.

Doc

Twelve Pointer
He killed another about the same size, that he has mounted but I do not have any pictures of it on hand. I just don't know who is killing the monsters you see on TC, or if anyone even is. I don't get it.

Whoever kills them has zipped their lips and threw away the key. And I don't blame them. Hunting opportunity of a lifetime, don't wanna do anything to screw it up. Plus you know what kinda deer the head guy was cutting horns off and putting on plaques. Not even mounting them. Are you kidding me?

preacherman

I am a very good friend to a full time farmer who lives on Biltmore Estate. He hunts the estate but is only allowed to shoot does. One time in the last 5 years he was allowed to shoot a cull buck but passed on that opportunity. The last time I spoke with him the only hunts for bucks were by the Cecils, and make-a-wish hunts; that is it. I have personally seen pictures from him he has taken from the stand. Unbelievable.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Have heard the stories about the big bucks from my BIL who used to work for Biltmore Dairy. Back in the 70's the employees were allowed to hunt the estate and they even hired butchers who dressed, cut and wrapped their kill in the lower level of the mansion. When George Cecil was in charge he put the stamp on more employee benefits but when William took over some of that went by the wayside, but they're still some good people. I met George many years ago and he was as courteous and humble as they come.