Bill would restrict non resident flounder fishing in South Carolina

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
S 0182 General Bill, By Hembree
Summary: Not yet available
A BILL TO AMEND SECTION 50-9-540, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENSES, SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT A NONRESIDENT MUST PURCHASE A PERMIT FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF RECREATIONAL FLOUNDER FISHING.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
just makes a requirement for a permit

doesn't restrict any fishing when you have the permit

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I bet NC could make a mint doing the same thing. šŸ˜›
Sounds like a smart move by someone in SC. Locals may despise visitors killing "their" fish, some relief on resource and more money from a stock of fish that can apparently survive rec fishing.
SC is unrolling their welcome mat. They have made turkey hunting for non residents expensive and restrictive as well.

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
I may be wrong but I believe SC has proposed to close flounder down till July I and a 2 fish limit to be voted on by general assembly. No link but floundering buddy from Myrtle Beach just text me that

Reactions: CRC

darenative

Twelve Pointer
^^ i have not seen anything set in stone yet on the rec season in nc. I have heard that it's gonna be 2 fish a day limit, but have yet to see anything in print from ncdmf..

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
Seeing that SC is looking at 72 hour license at $100 for non residents to retain a flounder in their creel limit. Plus have to have their coastal license as well

recoil

Eight Pointer
I figured SC would do something with all of the NC boats coming south to catch and keep flounder. I was checked last fall at the Little River jetty and had 4 good flounder. The game warden said you NC boys know how to catch them, guess since NC won't get their mess together, SC is going to make a little money on it.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
wow nearly unanimous in the legislature.
The cca apparently runs rec laws in SC.
the licenses seem a small price to pay for that expensive flounder meat.
10- 15" flounders should yield a fine return on the investment.

The stocking idea is unique. If you cut the harvest/limit by 50% why would you need to stock?