Bill would outlaw offshore oil drilling in NC

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So your argument is they are to big and have some components that have carcinogens. Yet drilling for and burning more fossil fuels is somehow a healthier alternative? I just don't get where the blind support for fossil fuels comes from. Why are everyday people so invested in them? Why would you not want cleaner and healthier alternatives? Its almost like supporting more fossil fuels had somehow become a conservative value. While on the flip side supporting renewables is looked at as a liberal ideal. I just don't get it.

Because its too gd expensive and inefficient. And Im not interested in subsidizing it. Let private companies do whatever they want, but do NOT subsidize them. Let them sink or swim on their own merits.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

It is now cheaper to go with wind and solar than it is coal. Companies are ditching coal plants all over the country.

Renewables are very viable even though some would have you think they are terrible cost ineffective. That may have been the case 10 years ago, buts it's not true anymore. Fossil fuels and natural still cost less per kilowatt but that is not factoring in other costs such as pollution and global warming (I know some dont think it's a problem, but I do so I'm using it as a cost for arguments sake).

What's the worse that happens? We end up with cleaner air and water?

We end up with thousands of acres of prime crop land and hunting land with ugly assed solar panels on it. Those are completely unneeded and unnecessary. And Im not interested in a bunch of bird killing wind turbines taking up space where I used to hunt and fish either.

ECU_Pirate

Banned
Because its too gd expensive and inefficient. And Im not interested in subsidizing it. Let private companies do whatever they want, but do NOT subsidize them. Let them sink or swim on their own merits.

But we subsidize fossil fuels and have been for decades and decades.....

ECU_Pirate

Banned
We end up with thousands of acres of prime crop land and hunting land with ugly assed solar panels on it. Those are completely unneeded and unnecessary. And Im not interested in a bunch of bird killing wind turbines taking up space where I used to hunt and fish either.

The bird killing thing again. Guess we should get rid on Windows too. As they are responsible for 1000's times more deaths than windmills. Stupid evil windows.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Never had a professor even touch that subject as most of my courses did not relate to it at all.

Do you oppose an offshore wind farm instead of drilling for oil or natural gas? If so can you explain why.
I dont oppose either one truthfully.
I do have a problem with saying alt energy is ready for center stage and that there are almost zero negatives with alt energy.
It's not a left vs right issue, it's a realist vs idealist issue. A few more laps around the block and the less attractive idealism will look in your eyes.
Economies around the world are not founded on hopes , dreams, or wishful thinking. They are based on constants and as of now, alt energy isn't a viable source to build/support economies of nations

Reactions: DRS