Bill Duncan Memorial Tourney?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Remember the story he told about wearing out 1 or 2 oyster knives at one get together ?

And his ever present 180-foot iced tea?
He always said he was "a teller of tall tales, a philosopher of facts, and a purveyor (of something)".
I hate that I forget things.

Remember the story he told about wearing out 1 or 2 oyster knives at one get together ?

And his ever present 180-foot iced tea?
He always said he was "a teller of tall tales, a philosopher of facts, and a purveyor (of something)".
I hate that I forget things.
And It was 180 Degree Iced Tea. I normally hate Iced Tea,but his was really good

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
And It was 180 Degree Iced Tea. I normally hate Iced Tea,but his was really good

He told me it was 180 ' (foot) iced tea, as that was the length of the line from pump foot to pressure tank. 🤷‍♂️

Either way, he was a great guy.
Tabor City knives, Wilmington Grills, and his great food, and even better stories.👍

Fish Head

Eight Pointer
Bill made me my 1st custom duck call with a burned image of my first lab. That led to a lot more calls. I went to his home in Whiteville and spent an afternoon with him. Before he passed, he told me I had the 2nd largest collection of his Waccamaw Calls. I probably have 35-40 calls....all on a shelf. He was a good fella.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Check-in and the weigh station will be at Mayo's. You can put in anywhere you want but aren't supposed to leave the dock until blast off. In the past there are usually 2 flights to reduce traffic. You'll get your flight assignment at check-in. Dock space at Mayo's will be limited. If you intend to put in there, I'd suggest checking in first then launching.

Houcken Marina is "FoyMart".

The Goose Creek Vol Fire Dept usually has free biscuits and coffee/juice at Mayo's. Donations are accepted :)

TWT registration also occurs at Mayo's in the morning.

The after party (awards and dinner) is always a good time. Brent does a good job on the pig. I've never seen anyone leave hungry. Shirts and raffle tickets will be sold. The only thing I'd suggest for the dinner is your own folding chair. Tables/chairs will be there but it may be crowded.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
Sure do miss Bill. Have many a good memories sitting in his shop there at the camp. My tag line below is my tribute to him. It has been there since the day I joined this site.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Are you talking about the Oyster Creek ramp or Hobucken?

I just drove past Hobucken. The $5 launch sign is there but I didn’t see a box. I may have overlooked it, but I was parked on the ramp.

Last edited:

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
What was the format for this tournament and what won it?
Main tournament was single biggest redfish and single biggest trout. Tourney within the tourneys were most spots on a red, biggest non tourney fish and combined weight of a limit of trout.

Couldn’t tell ya what won it, I wasn’t in the running for anything so I just drank a pissload of beer at the after party.