Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
They did mention at the interview they had a block and tackle but it broke trying to squeeze it in

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
They did mention at the interview they had a block and tackle but it broke trying to squeeze it in
What I can't totally tell from the picture, but seems to be the case, is the length of the area between the cabin and the tuna door. It seems like from that picture you don't have enough length.

skimmer

Six Pointer

In the tournament summary they changed 3rd place to Donna Mae. Don't know why they are keeping the Theresea Jean being dq'd so hush hush

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns

In the tournament summary they changed 3rd place to Donna Mae. Don't know why they are keeping the Theresea Jean being dq'd so hush hush

Probably because at least part of the crew were Release Marine folks.....the premier fighting chair and helm chair manufacturer in the sportfishing industry.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer

My understanding is they had 2 blues on at once. They claimed to have released one and boated one but it got reported that the released one was already dead. Hence the polygraph.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Unless something has changed, a fish that dies during the fight, but is played to the boat and the mate touches the leader (or bimini knot or crimp touches rod tip), counts as a released fish.

I have several speculative theories of what might have happened. It will be interesting to hear what the Big Rock’s statement will be.

skimmer

Six Pointer
Unless something has changed, a fish that dies during the fight, but is played to the boat and the mate touches the leader (or bimini knot or crimp touches rod tip), counts as a released fish.

I have several speculative theories of what might have happened. It will be interesting to hear what the Big Rock’s statement will be.
I'm thinking we won't hear much but I hope they tell the truth. Rumor has it 2 dead fish were on the boat and the smaller was released. But that's the rumor around town not fact

btsharky

Twelve Pointer

I thought that if it dies during the fight it must be brought in.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Probably because at least part of the crew were Release Marine folks.....the premier fighting chair and helm chair manufacturer in the sportfishing industry.
NO IDEA what that means! If you don't mind please elaborate as much as you can.

Thanks

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Release was a sponsor of the weigh in area for the tournament and some of the folks on the Theresa Jean were affiliated with Release.