big problem.

LDG

Twelve Pointer
Friend of mine who lives just off of mt. Olive Rd said somebody hit one about 1/2 mile from his house.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I`ve heard they were getting closer. Now that just proves it.
One side of my don`t want them around, and the other side of me wants to kill some. I recon the side that wants to kill some outweigh the side that don`t.

Windrunner

Twelve Pointer
One side of my don`t want them around, and the other side of me wants to kill some. I recon the side that wants to kill some outweigh the side that don`t.

Thats kinda how I feel about it. Heath wants to kill one so bad, it'd be nice if he could do it in our backyard but there are a lot of farmers nearby that would have their crops devastated.

Now this is just hearsay, but I heard some folks loosed some pigs a few years back around your way, sky hawk. I've heard two different versions, one is someone brought some up from GA and another is that someone let out their domestic pigs

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I haven't seen any, but that doesn't mean anything. When they spread out, they tend to follow the rivers and creeks, and we have a couple larger creeks in the area that they may be moving up. It's news to me though.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Cline school area has some...somebody told me that about 19 in one trail camera picture. I live off 601 toward midland..my neighbor said there was 3 behind my house one day..I havent seen them. Ive heard reports that somebody kills a couple every year around the Mt pleasant road and hwy 200 intersection. I done a job in the lake shores area..fellow said hogs came through in one night and destoried his yard. I've got land in that area also but I havent seen any sign of pigs there either. Im telling you..once you get them..you wont get rid of them. They will make a hunter out of you quicker than any old buck in the woods. I didnt look at the picture close but I would gamble its a boar searching for sows. On our club in richmond county..we have plenty and most of the time when you get a daytime pictures of singles..they are boars. Just a observation I have noticed. If you dont have any sows around..chances are he wont stay but where ever he goes..they will mutiply.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns

We have a bunch at one place we hunt and we'll get 100's of night time pictures and they won't come out during the day usually until after deer season (when we don't go in that often and it gets cold) then once we go in and sometimes get one they seem to be buggered up for about a month. if we played the wind and night hunted we would score more.

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Time to take up night hunting. LOL. I like to kill them also but prefer to have to travel a ways to do so. Don't want them in my back yard.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
They're destructive as heck!.. Probably be a good time to take him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike4592

Four Pointer
if you want to get rid of them hogs i know some guys up that way that will take care of them for you