Big month ahead

rageslinger

Four Pointer
July is the month I look forward to. I fill like the bucks make their biggest jump through July. I have no for sure shooters on camera yet but we shall see. Still early. I do have one with a cool rack I'm curious to see what he does next few weeks. I fill like he is a older deer but kinda hard to judge off summer pics.

Attachments

• 20200627_133018.jpg
    20200627_133018.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 99

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Although I usually cant tell from this time of the year, I agree that deer on the left looks old.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

buckman84

Eight Pointer
So how much you think a deer's rack will jump in one month? Just curious. Have a couple decent bucks on camera now, but if they still have growing to do they should be shooters.

rageslinger

Four Pointer
So how much you think a deer's rack will jump in one month? Just curious. Have a couple decent bucks on camera now, but if they still have growing to do they should be shooters.
Imho every deer grows different. The vast majority in my area grow their frame in June. They will add some length on main beams etc in July but mostly time length. I have seen deer with 2 inch G2s last day of June have 10-11 inch last day of July. 1st day of August you about know what your going to have. They may add a little in August but not much. Again only my opinion.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Imho every deer grows different. The vast majority in my area grow their frame in June. They will add some length on main beams etc in July but mostly time length. I have seen deer with 2 inch G2s last day of June have 10-11 inch last day of July. 1st day of August you about know what your going to have. They may add a little in August but not much. Again only my opinion.
You are spot on, most deer average 1 to 2 inches growth a day in July depending on their food source. June is slower because their bases are developing and it takes more nutrients to build the foundation.