Big Mistake

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
Letting my wife talk me into getting a pool. Just upped my chores immensely. But as they say. If momma ain't happy, no ones happy. Gonna be laying sod for the second time in my back yard this weekend.

Attachments

• 20190813_165217.jpg
    20190813_165217.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 173

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Pools are great but they are a lot of work. I have had them but currently don't. When I have one I don't want one, when I don't have one, I want one! :unsure:

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
My mother had a pool while she lived in Florida. I noticed almost all of them were covered with large screen "porches" to keep out the bugs, leaves, and other misc. trash. And they had a lockable screen door. I've never seen that here in NC? I would not have a pool without one.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My mother had a pool while she lived in Florida. I noticed almost all of them were covered with large screen "porches" to keep out the bugs, leaves, and other misc. trash. And they had a lockable screen door. I've never seen that here in NC? I would not have a pool without one.

my wife likes those "Florida covers" on the pools

nontypical

Ten Pointer
We got a pool 3 years ago. They are definitely alot of work. We paid extra to get the salt system which helps cut down on the chemicals you have to buy.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wait until she wants a hot tub, those are a PITA to maintain, too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A pool was one of the criteria on the list when we were looking for a new home this past year. If the home had a pool, it was OFF the list!
I have enough to do without creating more work for myself with a pool. I'd much rather have a pond in the yard, than a pool!

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Ive had one for a few years....they can be alot of work.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My wife really wanted a pool, and I was dead-set against it. So we agreed that if we got a pool, she and the kids (both teenagers) would maintain it. I truly go out of my way to ensure that I do absolutely nothing other than remove dead animals from it. We don't live in a neighborhood, so there is no community pool option, so it has worked out pretty well.

I do have a little more grass to mow around it, but small price to pay for getting to enjoy the pool in the summer months. And it's a great place to land after mowing a couple acres...

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
My parents are in their 80s and recently converted their pool into a walking track. Filled it in and left the concrete area around it. They walk laps every morning. I still have trouble walking across that area that use to be water. Just feels weird to me.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Wife’s sister has a very nice “lifestyles of the rich and famous” type pool. We take our daughter over there about once a week.
We have talked about getting one but with my wife’s taste, we were looking at between $90k-100k when all was said and done. Turns out, the 10 minute drive to her sister’s house ain’t bad at all. ??

Einstein

Six Pointer
You’ll enjoy it. I’ve taken care of pools for many years and was severely anti-pool. My wife beat me out and I’ve been happy. My daughter has used it literally every day it has been open for the past two years. Every single day. Get a safety cover for the winter, and do yourself a huge favor and get a nature2 filter. Hooks easily to the return line of the pump and is worth its weight in gold on saving in chemicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
You’ll enjoy it. I’ve taken care of pools for many years and was severely anti-pool. My wife beat me out and I’ve been happy. My daughter has used it literally every day it has been open for the past two years. Every single day. Get a safety cover for the winter, and do yourself a huge favor and get a nature2 filter. Hooks easily to the return line of the pump and is worth its weight in gold on saving in chemicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the frog system. I believe it is similar. Got the safety cover as well. Pool guy said he needed to wait to install the cover and let the concrete cure some.