Big Game Committee to examine youth deer and bear hunting

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Up front: I did not read the link...

I like the youth turkey season.

I don't like a youth deer season, in the east that is.

I don't think bear is needed either.

Deer season in the east is so long a youth season is ludacris.

I think a youth bear season is pointless unless baiting is allowed, and then I still don't think it makes any sense. Maybe because I don't hunt bear intentionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cklem

Up front: I did not read the link...

I like the youth turkey season.

I don't like a youth deer season, in the east that is.

I don't think bear is needed either.

Deer season in the east is so long a youth season is ludacris.

I think a youth bear season is pointless unless baiting is allowed, and then I still don't think it makes any sense. Maybe because I don't hunt bear intentionally.

I'm gonna go with you on this one, I like the turkey youth season, it has it's place, as for other big game species,I can't see where a youth season would be beneficial, maybe a youth either sex on last day in the west for deer. Some areas could use a little doe thinning, but I fear an all out either sex day would be too much.Not enough bow hunters to do the thinning. I think we need to have the opening day of hatchery support trout streams as youth only, at least the first hour, the "men" seem to like to push the kiddies out of the way to get their doughbellies, I have kids that hunt and fish, but don't have a dog in the fight, I make sure my kids have opportunities all season long.

fats

Four Pointer
What's the big deal if a kid 16 or under gets a Saturday a week or two before the regular season to take a deer? I just don't see a problem with it. We need more kids in this sport to pick up an interest and pass it on.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
What's the big deal if a kid 16 or under gets a Saturday a week or two before the regular season to take a deer? I just don't see a problem with it. We need more kids in this sport to pick up an interest and pass it on.

What if its proposed kids 15 and younger can use any legal weapon during the 'blackpowder season' instead of just blackpowder muzzleloaders and archery gear?

fats

Four Pointer
I don't care what kinda weapon they use, hunter's are a dying breed, early seasons whatever it takes. Who gives a crap if a kid kills a buck or a doe earlier than you? It amazes me the jealousy of some hunters!

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
I don't care what kinda weapon they use, hunter's are a dying breed, early seasons whatever it takes. Who gives a crap if a kid kills a buck or a doe earlier than you? It amazes me the jealousy of some hunters!

I hope I'm not coming off as jealous. They can give the kids the whole summer for all I care. I just don't think it is that big a deal when the gun season alone is almost 3 months long.

I do like the idea of youths using any weapon during muzzleloader. Heck unless you are using the stuff round ball uses, there is not much difference than gun season.