Big Elk pic...

TrkyJedi

Eight Pointer
It's the angle. Head and antlers forward closet to the camera makes it appear larger. The elk's head is bigger than the rifle in the picture. It's a big elk, no doubt. Just angle makes it look larger in comparison to the hunters. A hogzilla situation or elkzilla if you will.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Look at the size of those shells on the Ruger M77 stock , length of stock , length of scope.
Good observation. Another observation about the rifle is it's one of those Rugers with a factory 'boat paddle' or skeletonized stock. They could not give them away at the beginning, but now those things command a premium. That one is probably a magnum caliber, and they supposedly kick like heck in any caliber.

rangerxp

Eight Pointer
Good observation. Another observation about the rifle is it's one of those Rugers with a factory 'boat paddle' or skeletonized stock. They could not give them away at the beginning, but now those things command a premium. That one is probably a magnum caliber, and they supposedly kick like heck in any caliber.
The rifle was the only part of the picture I thought looked off. I didn't question the size of the Elk.
I hunted with a Ruger M77 like it in 270 Win for 20 years before selling it. Wish I'd never sold it.
They may kick a little more because the stock in firm with no pad but not much worse than any others.