Big Dollar Skunks

Philjam

Spike
At the recent raw fur auction in Herkimer NY, top lot skunk went for $18. I used to live where skunks were common, then moved to the low country. Figures. Can the government stock skunks here please?

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Come to the house and you can have all you want. Tried to kill one last night with the 22 that’s digging up the yard but he never stopped. Time to break out the shotgun. Bet I’ve kilked 12-15 in the 2-1/2 years since we bought this place. Must be the skunk rut or something right now because they are everywhere smashed on the highway.

Prune

Four Pointer
Dang i love catching a few skunks every year.seems in the sandhills here there moving in more and more every year..

Attachments

• 100_2709.jpg
    100_2709.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_2711.jpg
    100_2711.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 76

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wish I could catch some with clear bright white stripes. Almost all I catch are so mineral stained from the clay that the white is dingy at best.

Looks like yours are not bright white either.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Wish I could catch some with clear bright white stripes. Almost all I catch are so mineral stained from the clay that the white is dingy at best.

Looks like yours are not bright white either.

That’s funny you say that because I did a double take today on my road. Thought it was a groundhog been run over but it was a skunk that had a huge white stripe but it was almost red. The way it was laying in the road it looked the same color as a groundhog but was black underneath.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Had one run by me and a friend one night as we were walking out after tracking a doe, it was low light and this blob of white came running past us. If I didn't know better I would say it was a completely white skunk. I know some skunks have more white then others but chances are it was puffing out that white in an attempt to intimidate us?

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Had one run by me and a friend one night as we were walking out after tracking a doe, it was low light and this blob of white came running past us. If I didn't know better I would say it was a completely white skunk. I know some skunks have more white then others but chances are it was puffing out that white in an attempt to intimidate us?
skunks can have a full white back and head. i didnt think skunks could have so much variety in their stripes but after a friend did a job trapping out a farm and he ended up with around 50 and about half were way different stripe patterns than the "normal"