Big coyote!

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Just throwing this out there. Not trying to stir the pot. But several years ago there was a wildlife biologist doing his grad work studying the dispersal of red wolf genetics in NC. I believe he was from the University of Montana.

He was taking DNA samples of trapped coyotes to determine the DNA breakdown. I know. I sent him plenty of DNA samples from Piedmont coyotes. He told me that a coyote he had tested in Wake county came back as 1/8 red wolf. All of mine from Guilford came back clear....

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Great yote
that picture though reminds me of the fishing pictures where you hold them way out front to look bigger

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Just throwing this out there. Not trying to stir the pot. But several years ago there was a wildlife biologist doing his grad work studying the dispersal of red wolf genetics in NC. I believe he was from the University of Montana.

He was taking DNA samples of trapped coyotes to determine the DNA breakdown. I know. I sent him plenty of DNA samples from Piedmont coyotes. He told me that a coyote he had tested in Wake county came back as 1/8 red wolf. All of mine from Guilford came back clear....

It’s funny that they can test that for research, but not when it’s needed for a human death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
Mikes elbow is actually in front of the yote, that's a big yote. 47 is the biggest I've ever got.

Good point, right up against his body too. That yote didn't need any photo help. Mike should've put the head up, wolf body squeeze on him like they do up North.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor

That's a big one, I say it is part wolf.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

Sounds like one of Ron’s pets he calls a woof.