Big Brim Supper

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Looks good on the grub. Gotta have mine fried my kid will bake talipia sometimes and ill eat it but only cause I love fish

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Awesome n congrats! Nothing like the feeling of bringing home supper from nature instead of the store! I do a smoked trout recipe w charcoal and hickory where they are gutted but left whole...soaked in brine before cooking. Absolutely delicious and my pups like the leftovers. Also, making a soup with fish heads from your catch is phenomenal. I wasn’t sure at first but I do it any chance I can.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Awesome n congrats! Nothing like the feeling of bringing home supper from nature instead of the store! I do a smoked trout recipe w charcoal and hickory where they are gutted but left whole...soaked in brine before cooking. Absolutely delicious and my pups like the leftovers. Also, making a soup with fish heads from your catch is phenomenal. I wasn’t sure at first but I do it any chance I can.

That is one thing that I wish I could do here, but can't since I live in an apartment: Smoking fish. That smoked trout recipe sounds amazing! I will have to try the fish head soup sometime. Do you have a good recipe for that?

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
That is one thing that I wish I could do here, but can't since I live in an apartment: Smoking fish. That smoked trout recipe sounds amazing! I will have to try the fish head soup sometime. Do you have a good recipe for that?
I sent you a message so we didn’t flood this thread lol

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, throw the head to the cats.