Big Bird

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Can't use steel shot on those. They're wrapped up in a protective layer...takes some doing to punch through it.

Great pic!

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
You must have a pretty healthy hawk population up there. Last time I was there deer hunting I saw hawks every time I sat in a blind. And that is a very cool pic.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Somehow a possum was hit on our road, probably on purpose, and he has been food for the local redtail popuation. A redtail was chewing on him when I came back from hunting on Tuesday morning.
When I told my wife about it she didn't know that redtails and bald eagles were scavengers just like a buzzard. I guess they have a more regal presentation and better press than an ol' stinkin buzzard.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Somehow a possum was hit on our road, probably on purpose, and he has been food for the local redtail popuation. A redtail was chewing on him when I came back from hunting on Tuesday morning.
When I told my wife about it she didn't know that redtails and bald eagles were scavengers just like a buzzard. I guess they have a more regal presentation and better press than an ol' stinkin buzzard.
If possible they do prefer little fresher than buzzard but they ain't gonna starve. Very nice pic seeing more hawks around here last 3 or 4 years

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was recently surprised to see a Bald Eagle at a roadkill deer along side Falls Lake...camera was locked in the trunk of course...nothing left except bare ribs.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Have many photos/videos of large hawks on my coyote bait pile but never anything as awesome as this photo. That is a real treasure photo.