I like to ask 80 grains of 209 powder
The better choice bullet
Hornady 240 gr. XTP Mag
Thompson center shockwave yellow tip
Thompson center shockwave blue tip

Lonewolf

Button Buck
All three shot great in the Thompson impact
But at 80 grains of 209 will the blue tip bonded mushrooms with that light charge .

Lonewolf

Button Buck
I had shoulder repair about 10 years so recoil is top priority.
80 grains seem very comfortable with the light weight Thompson center impact

Bean

Eight Pointer
I think I would go with the XTP with 80grs but that's just my own opinion. I shoot 110 BH with the yellow tip 250 shockwave that's always been my go to. I've shot the Harvester scorpion PT golds 260gr also and they shoot great too.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I like to ask 80 grains of 209 powder
The better choice bullet
Hornady 240 gr. XTP Mag
Thompson center shockwave yellow tip
Thompson center shockwave blue tip

I’ve got a TC omega running yellow tip 250gn shockwaves with 88.3gns by weight of BH209. Been getting 1.25 inch grps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron871

Four Pointer
90 grains of Blackhorn and a .430/ 265 grain SST with a green sabot shoot great in all my muzzleloaders. But that loose powder is such a pita that I only use it in a few of them that really need it. The others shoot good enough to get pyrodex pellets just out of connivence.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I’d shoot the XTP over 80gr. I had to go up to 120 grains BH209 and down to a 200gr Shockwave to get groups in my Omega.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Shoot the XTP.

In ML bullets, terminal performance is more important than pinpoint accuracy. I'd rather have a slightly less accurate bullet that opens and mushrooms on impact at the lower velocities than one that will hold a 1" group at 200 yards. The XTP is that bullet.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
I shoot 110 grains by volume Blackhorn and a 250SST in a Knight BK.....best groups are attained by working up your charge in your gun.

NCMTNSHunter

Button Buck
I've shot plenty of deer with the yellow tipped shockwave since it's a Hornady SST with a yellow tip for T/C. Before that I used XTPS with 85-90 grains of BH209 in my omega. Switched to smokeless conversion encore 45/70 and still using XTPS. For your charge the XTP will do plenty of damage and work well.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
100 grains by volume under a 250 grain Hornady SST yellow tip works great for my Optima.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Shooting 100 gr BH209 with a 250 gr Barnes TMZ. Tried 110 gr but after a few shots decided I didn’t need the thump! The TEZ would not group out of my gun though they load much easier.

Gun in a CVA optima LR.