BH 209

herman

Six Pointer
Anyone using BH 209 this year ? Last year I gave $36 and change for a 10 oz can.Was in wall mart yesterday and they had one can.It had only 8 oz and was $52 bucks.
Hodgdon sure is proud of it this year.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have close to a full can. When it's gone I'm likely going back to 777 loose powder. Assuming of course I've located a place to hunt to burn it up lol.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I haven't been able to find any in 2 years. I keep my eyes open and haven't seen a bottle on the shelf in that time.

That's pretty steep for a half pound of powder though.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Even at that price it’s only $1.25 per shot, at max load.

I’ll keep shooting it, because it’s far superior to anything this side of smokeless. Worth every penny IMO.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
That’s what I was looking for last year when I first got my ML, I’ve heard nothing but excellent reviews. But, at that time I couldn’t find it hardly anywhere so I ended up getting 777 pellets. They work fine but once they run out I’m going to try to switch to BH.

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Same here, I have been waiting for Wal Mart to get 209 in stock, went in today and saw the price$54.00 and 2 ounces less than last year and decided Triple 7 kills them just as dead at half the price.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Same here.
Last year when everybody was freaking out and hoarding up metallic rounds I sucked up every bit of BP and BH209 that I could find at insanely low pricing
Yep- Stocked up on a couple cans of BH & a local shop got in a brick of 209 primers. I bought 3 packs.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I bought a few jugs last year.

When it is gone, I will buy more unless something better becomes available that can be shot in a TC Omega.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Was just at Cabela's, BH209 was $65 for 8 oz. No thanks!! Debating between Pyrodex Select and 777 loose powder.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
yes it does,,,
I look forward to Goex being produced again.

I bought a bunch of Swiss during the horde-a-thon, but haven't had to shoot any yet cause i have enough Goex on hand.

I also bought a bunch of caps, and have been researching methods to turn my under hammer into a flinter, just in case....

And yes, one of those old German SOB's actually made an underhammer flint lock already....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I look forward to Goex being produced again.

I bought a bunch of Swiss during the horde-a-thon, but haven't had to shoot any yet cause i have enough Goex on hand.

I also bought a bunch of caps, and have been researching methods to turn my under hammer into a flinter, just in case....

And yes, one of those old German SOB's actually made an underhammer flint lock already....

I likely have more GOEX than a sane man needs,,, thanks to @roundball ,,, but doubt I sell any until my Estate sale,,,,