BFG or Nitto

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
I’ve had the BFG AT’s and once those wore down I got the Nitto Trail Grapplers put on. I’d say it really depends on the terrain and how often you’re driving on the road with them. The trail grapplers are much more aggressive and have a lot more rubber and so far they’ve treated me extremely well and haven’t had many areas that I’ve needed to put it in 4wd. The BFG I had lasted quite a while considering how much I was on the road driving. Biggest thing is make sure you are rotating every oil change with tires like these. I know that sounds crazy but it helps keep the wear similar across all 4 tires. Once they wear they both get loud. The tire company messed up and put the terra grapplers on my truck by accident and I drove them for a few days until the trail grapplers came in. They were nice also. For work all of our production managers use the terra grapplers on their trucks as a universal tire. Both companies make a great tire but I’m becoming a big Nitto fan.

TH7

Eight Pointer
I have Courser MXT's on my Tacoma right now. Had good reviews for a good price. I like them so far.

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
I've ran Nitto Terra Grapplers 295/75/16's on my Chevy 1500HD for the last 4 sets now, but I've never gotten over 40K miles on a set. The more worn they get the loader they get. I've been pretty satisfied with them but always felt that I've should be getting more miles out of them, even with rotating and balancing them every 7K-10K. My next set will be Cooper Discovery AT3's. I have 2 friends that have them on their trucks (one guy has had his set on his daily driver for 3 years now and still going strong with plenty of tread left). Both of them are happy with the way they handle on highway, wet pavement, snow, sand, and off road.

double

Twelve Pointer
I've ran Nitto Terra Grapplers 295/75/16's on my Chevy 1500HD for the last 4 sets now, but I've never gotten over 40K miles on a set. The more worn they get the loader they get. I've been pretty satisfied with them but always felt that I've should be getting more miles out of them, even with rotating and balancing them every 7K-10K. My next set will be Cooper Discovery AT3's. I have 2 friends that have them on their trucks (one guy has had his set on his daily driver for 3 years now and still going strong with plenty of tread left). Both of them are happy with the way they handle on highway, wet pavement, snow, sand, and off road.

At3’s have always been tough to beat. However the set on my truck now is not as good as the previous sets. They seem to be wearing at a faster rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Toyo Open country MT I've got 30,000 plus miles on a set now and still half tread. Keep them rotated and they are relatively quiet for an aggressive mud tire.

Me too, best tire I’ve owned to date. Had several sets of BFGs on this same truck and never got more than 38,000 miles on set. Toyos still look great after 25k.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Toyo Open country MT I've got 30,000 plus miles on a set now and still half tread. Keep them rotated and they are relatively quiet for an aggressive mud tire.

Me too, best tire I’ve owned to date. Had several sets of BFGs on this same truck and never got more than 38,000 miles on set. Toyos still look great after 25k.