Bet you Richard Petty is breathing a SIGH of relief tonight!

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Prob soros and aclu sponsoring him next yr with a $200 million contract with blm as major sponsor. ...sick of this crap

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I was sure glad to see that but hope it doesn't kill RPM. BooBoo was starting to bring a lot of sponsorship money to the team and that will pretty much be gone now. Hopefully, someone with real talent will land in the car with all the crazyness going on and make Richard a contender again.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing says "thanks for being loyal to me this year Petty Motorsports" like leaving for a better ride.

Richard is nothing more than a propped up figure for Petty Motorsports now anyway.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Nothing says "thanks for being loyal to me this year Petty Motorsports" like leaving for a better ride.

Richard is nothing more than a propped up figure for Petty Motorsports now anyway.

He may be all that but he is still one of the greatest and winningest drivers of all time.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
He may be all that but he is still one of the greatest and winningest drivers of all time.
Yes he is....I just meant Petty Motorsports isnt owned just by Richard anymore and he probably doesnt make alot of the decisions.
He sure played the part of loving him some Bubba though.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
NASCAR died with Dale. Back then we had drivers now we have privilege athletes

Sorry, they did not die when he did. Yes, lots of folks lost interest. But, the series did not revolve only around one person. The "demise" of them bagan slowly, beginning with his death. It continued with the constant rule changes the fans did not like or accept. The "pedegree" drivers added to the issue. Then, the drive to diversity program pushed more away by putting asses in the driver seats that did not deserve to be there. Next was the fiasco with the mix race wanna be that richard petty allowed to drive in his attempt to appear relevant. The rest is history... I'm sure I left other stumbles out, but that is their issues in a nutshell.
I hope the organization folds and is replaced by one that will stand strong. Yet, I am sure that is only wishful thinking...

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Sorry, they did not die when he did. Yes, lots of folks lost interest. But, the series did not revolve only around one person. The "demise" of them bagan slowly, beginning with his death. It continued with the constant rule changes the fans did not like or accept. The "pedegree" drivers added to the issue. Then, the drive to diversity program pushed more away by putting asses in the driver seats that did not deserve to be there. Next was the fiasco with the mix race wanna be that richard petty allowed to drive in his attempt to appear relevant. The rest is history... I'm sure I left other stumbles out, but that is their issues in a nutshell.
I hope the organization folds and is replaced by one that will stand strong. Yet, I am sure that is only wishful thinking...
Allowing big money boys to purchase controlling interests in the heart/ birthplace of nascar tracks. Historic places like north Wilkes, the rock, darlington, matinsville, et al where they then transfer one or both of those dates to mega $ speedways in places they gave two craps about actual racing like Chicago, Vegas, California , etc... When they did away with those places I left... All about some progress but they turned their back on bread and butter. Bristol used to be the hardest ticket to get in all of nascar and for the last Several years you could walk up to the gate and buy one. That should tell u something.

Being a hockey fan I guess I understand how the Canadians feel about the nhl Expansion but in most cases they didn’t move a team from Canada to relo them Florida or NC or Vegas. I have closed out my giveadamns on all other professional sports and I’m On the fence With the nhl.

GTO ONE

Eight Pointer
Last I checked NASCAR stood for National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing... there hasn’t been a “stock car“ involved in this series in close to 40 years. NOOSECAR and the silver spoon France kids can choke on their own destruction.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Look for Ty Dillon to move to this ride, RPM already has a deal with RCR and it would be a good move for both Ty Dillon and RPM.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
NASCAR died when those yankees found out how much money it generated, and started building tracks all over the nation. It died when it expanded outside the south and got more interested in the money than the sport.