Best Trail Camera

Famous Amos

Hey guys, my birthday is coming up and I'm planning on asking for a trail camera. What camera should I ask for that is priced no more then $200. I would prefer a camera between the $175 - $100 price range. Thanks .

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Covert MP6 Black or Extreme Black 60 (2013 models if you can find them). I have a few of each left in stock.

perry

Old Mossy Horns
Hard to beat covert and they have great customer service! Love my mp6 black.

Last edited:

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Covert MP6 Black....I am sure Covert has switched over to the 2014 cameras, so the MP6 Black has been replaced by the 2014 MP8 Black (exact same camera)

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Reconyx are the best, in your price range the Coverts are great, I have several and they have been the most reliable I've ever used and they have good customer service, just make sure to send in the warranty card.

wardbr549

Don't get a Moultrie.. BAD BAD BAD... enought said..
I like the Truth cams got 3, 1 is broke and going to there shop.

Famous Amos

What about Wildgame Innovations Trail Cameras? I have heard good things about those.

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
At that price point I'd go covert or bushnell. Neither are a reconyx but at 1/3 the price you can't expect it. I had terrible results with just about every other manufacturer. They all have problems under $400, so buy for service. That vote goes to covert. They offer a additional 2 yr warranty which wouldn't be a bad idea. The bushnell come with a 2 year warranty, but service isn't as good.

Also, all those extra features that run up the price of the cams are a waste of money IMO.

mike4592

Four Pointer
I have 6 Wildgame Innovations Trail Cameras have them on bait piles for hogs an on barrels for bear never had a problem with them for what i use them for

perry

Old Mossy Horns
What about Wildgame Innovations Trail Cameras? I have heard good things about those.

Stay away my first trail camera was a wild game ir4 never got a picture of a deer and the first time I changed the batteries the clips broke. I did contact them later on about it and they sent me another trail cam I sold it to my brother in law and bought a dlc covert.

mlavigne78

Coverts. They're a great company and will back that camera. I'll never buy another brand!

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
At that price point I'd go covert or bushnell. Neither are a reconyx but at 1/3 the price you can't expect it. I had terrible results with just about every other manufacturer. They all have problems under $400, so buy for service. That vote goes to covert. They offer a additional 2 yr warranty which wouldn't be a bad idea. The bushnell come with a 2 year warranty, but service isn't as good.

Also, all those extra features that run up the price of the cams are a waste of money IMO.

Actually. Bushnell changed their two year warranty for 2014 back to one year. They do give an option like Covert to buy a seecond year warranty

buckmaster79

I love my moultrees and my cuddies also have several bushnell bone collectors all great