Best Target for Ravin crossbow?

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
I'm looking for a "block" style target that I can shoot my ravin crossbow at 20-40 yards and not have the bolt go through the target and stick out the other side so I know how precise my shots are. Any suggestions?

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
not a block style but i got a mckenzie bag and it only goes in about 6-8"

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I agree with the bag type. I use the Morrell Yellow Jacket and it does a good job. I only shoot the bag with field points. I also have a Morrell block style target for broadheads and it does fine for occasional broadhead testing. I don't know how it would hold up if you shot it a lot with broadheads, but I don't know why you would want to.

Reactions: Bud

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I can't comment on their product, but their tech decision to (apparently) only support internet explorer as the browser to their site is....questionable. The fact that they aren't using any sort of https encryption on their login and payment pages.....that's a deal breaker.

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
I can't comment on their product, but their tech decision to (apparently) only support internet explorer as the browser to their site is....questionable. The fact that they aren't using any sort of https encryption on their login and payment pages.....that's a deal breaker.

My thoughts exactly. Thought there was something wrong with my tablet when I opened it

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Blob prefers phone orders. I picked mine up at the IBO Trad Worlds. It is a mom and pop business.

They are supposed to be a vendor at the NC trad shoot I posted about earlier. You can call, discuss, and pick it up at the end of May and save a bunch of money. Their 40"×40" was $130 at the IBO Trad World in Pipestem. I think it runs close to $300 with freight. It weighs about 200 or more pounds. It is very dense closed cell foam.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Their 40"×40" was $130 at the IBO Trad World in Pipestem. I think it runs close to $300 with freight. It weighs about 200 or more pounds. It is very dense closed cell foam.

That 40x40 is the one I have - a beast,,,I’ve had it 6 years outside in the weather - still performing its function

Hhmmmm, maybe I should order another