Best solo canoe?

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Maybe a Pirogue? I’ve got a custom wooden one that I use for everything you’ve described. You can buy production ones at a few NC marine dealer
Can we possibly see a picture of your pirogue ? Been thinking about building one for a winter project

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Where did you get the plans for the build
As much as I’d like to take full credit for the build I can’t. I picked this up from an old trapper I met in Rocky point unfinished. I asked if he would sell the one sitting in his yard and he declined but offered this unfinished one in his barn.
I did some Google searching and it looks pretty similar to designs I found. His modification to the plans were a square back and that addition of stringers. Some of the plans I saw look a little simpler and quicker to build.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Manufactured in LA by TRUE Cajuns. Sweet ride.....
That looks near exactly like the homemade "5 board" or "Lumber River" boats I grew up in. Most of them were about 13', had a paddler's seat in the back and another seat board forward with a livewell incorporated into it. They were initially made of Eastern white cedar or "Juniper" as we called it and in later years made from a mix of juniper and marine grade ply. I still have the last boat my Grandfather made out in my shop and have been thinking of donating it to the Maritime Museum.