best size for a permanent deer blind

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
you still in design stage or did you start construction yet?

I think I'd want a little more room behind the chairs. 30" is a wide table but I've never had a wide one either, so...

pics or it didn't happen....😄
When I start talking numbers, I assume everybody can read my mind - OOPS.

30" above the deck. probably be 12"-16" of surface.

be about 5'x6' inside clear, so there will be sleeping room in the back.

Drawing it out right now in CAD, and then I can work on the materials list.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
even think a out using metal studs vs. wood to help with weight? I'm contemplating a mobile blind. 😬
wood base, metal walls, maybe tin siding. just spit balling

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
even think a out using metal studs vs. wood to help with weight? I'm contemplating a mobile blind. 😬
wood base, metal walls, maybe tin siding. just spit balling
actually, I like to think modularly, so the walls are designed in panel sections so they can be assembled once the deck is in place, even if its elevated on a platform. Couple carriage bolts, some cursing when you drop the nuts, and voila....

Biggest elements will be the floor and roof, but I'm going to find the best place to split those as well and section them also.

Are you planning on ground level, or elevated?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've sat in many tin sided stands and they all echo like a bass drum, no more tin sides for me. Stick with wood, canvas conveyor belt or similar material for sides. The thin/light weight materials all are counter productive due to increased sound transmission. Even a thin OSB or similar works well for a modular build as long as it's sealed well with a water sealant before painting.