Best Forum for Appliance (Washer) Repair.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Am trying t fix a Samsung washing machine with "tE" error code. Oftkn this is a thermistor problem but swapped thermistor and problem persists. There is no wiring diagram in the washer (where it should be).

What forum have you found to be best for large appliance repair? I set up an account on ApplianceJunk.com, but are there better forums for getting help?

Thanks in advance...

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Somewhat belated but we found a very fine wire leading to the Thermistor was broken/Open. The wire guage was so thin, i can't believe the lengths Samsung would go to in order to save a few pennies. I soldered it back together and Washing machine is working ok again (at least for now until cheapa** wire fatigues and breaks again. A tip on Appliance.junk helped me find to problem.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Two challenges with that although it might be worth a try: 1) at some point you have to solder the thicker wire to another flimsy wire so that joint becomes candidate to fail and 2) the thermistor circuit might be like a thermocouple (Ex: platinum and rhodium ) where the resistance of the wires is critical to getting an accurate temperature reading. But it might work and would avoid buying an expensive Cable Assembly. Thanks!