Best BBQ

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Don't know if we've tried this thread before but let's give it a whirl. Eastern style, Lexington style, Memphis style, or Texas style. Give em to me. I love hog!!!!

richard corn

Ten Pointer
really enjoyed Bills and Parkers in Wilson. Trying to get to Gaslight. What do you think of that place? Understand Bills has closed.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think the best thing Parker’s has on the menu is the bbq chicken. Food is great in general....I just really like the chicken.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Australia or up north, neither of those places have a clue what BBQ is.

well,,,as a fellow who grew up "up north" I can dutifully say,,,in that area it's definitely a verb or if used as a noun they are refering to the grill,,,,,,a means of cooking on a grill,,,,nothing to do with the food itself,,,

don't have a clue why I like spicy food now as growing up the heaviest spice was ground pepper,,,,,

anyhow

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I'll tell you the worst one though, fresh to the fairgrounds in South Dakota I ordered a BBQ sandwich with slaw. They said they don't have slaw so I said okay just the sandwich. It was a sloppy joe.

I told them that wasn't a BBQ sandwich. I got schooled that it was BBQ 😒

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
you'll went and done it,,,now I'm hungry,,,,even as hot as it is, I need to go buy a pig and throw it on my pig cooker,,,,

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Blasphemy.
We won’t waste a bullet.
Get the rope.
Blasphemy for sure. Must've been that stint in Minnesota that messed him up.

I'm not saying all brisket is bad - I had a brisket cheesesteak yesterday that was excellent. The brisket they slather with sauce in other states and call BBQ doesn't cut it though.

BBQ is a noun. It's pig. And I prefer mine not to taste like a dill pickle. Lexington style, please.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Two places east of I-95 I WILL NOT pass by without stopping in for BBQ: Hog Heaven in Lil Washington and Texas BBQ in Havelock. The Havelock store has a smoked brisket sandwich on Texas toast that will make you tongue slap your brains out. And even then it's a toss-up between it and a BBQ sandwich with slaw on top from Hog Heaven....

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Blasphemy for sure. Must've been that stint in Minnesota that messed him up.

I'm not saying all brisket is bad - I had a brisket cheesesteak yesterday that was excellent. The brisket they slather with sauce in other states and call BBQ doesn't cut it though.

BBQ is a noun. It's pig. And I prefer mine not to taste like a dill pickle. Lexington style, please.

I’ll concede that brisket is not BBQ.....but brisket>pig