Benefit Auction - Forum Members Donated Items

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mornin fellers! Hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th.

The following is a link to an auction of donated items set up by my family to help with medical expenses of my nephew who spent 110 or 111 days in the hospital with covid and survived the ordeal. He finally stabilized enough to come off the vent after two months and improved to the point of getting to come home in late May. He is continuing to gain strength.

Benefit Auction

The auction started yesterday and continues until July 18 and uses an online platform that is mobile friendly. An unlike Go Fund Me, the platform does not get a cut of the proceeds but operates on voluntary donations. The only fees are the fees for the credit card payments.

There are several items on the auction that were either donated by forum members or that might be of interest to members of the NCHuntandFish community.

I donated a day on my trapline in Jan or Feb 22 and also the hooped beaver pelt that I posted in the Do It Yourself Forum and some other items.

@QBD2 donated a Smoked Brisket

@lasttombstone donated a Wingbone Call and a Turtle Shell Call

There are multiple gift cards available for Big Ed's Restaurant in Raleigh or Garner

There is also a Smoked Pork Butt and a home cooked Fried Chicken Dinner for four and I can vouch for the quality of those as well.

There is a beautiful Quilt and a number of other items for the ladies too.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
This got way down the list so bumping for QBD. Looks like bowtoot is still eating pork and Moose is dining at Big Ed's. If I was closer I'd bid against Moose just to aggrivate him.
Big Eds went in not far from house so it's a great breakfast place. Come on down I'll buy ya breakfast.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Mornin fellers! Hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th.

The following is a link to an auction of donated items set up by my family to help with medical expenses of my nephew who spent 110 or 111 days in the hospital with covid and survived the ordeal. He finally stabilized enough to come off the vent after two months and improved to the point of getting to come home in late May. He is continuing to gain strength.

Benefit Auction

The auction started yesterday and continues until July 18 and uses an online platform that is mobile friendly. An unlike Go Fund Me, the platform does not get a cut of the proceeds but operates on voluntary donations. The only fees are the fees for the credit card payments.

There are several items on the auction that were either donated by forum members or that might be of interest to members of the NCHuntandFish community.

I donated a day on my trapline in Jan or Feb 22 and also the hooped beaver pelt that I posted in the Do It Yourself Forum and some other items.

@QBD2 donated a Smoked Brisket

@lasttombstone donated a Wingbone Call and a Turtle Shell Call

There are multiple gift cards available for Big Ed's Restaurant in Raleigh or Garner

There is also a Smoked Pork Butt and a home cooked Fried Chicken Dinner for four and I can vouch for the quality of those as well.

There is a beautiful Quilt and a number of other items for the ladies too.

@QuietButDeadly I just found out about this auction today. Are you still accepting donations from forum members of things to put into the auction? I have a few items I would be happy to donate.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
I was the winning bidder for the brisket QBD2 donated....and today was the day! My wife and I just finished our first dinner off it, and it was absolutely perfect. Best brisket I've had to-date...and seriously, it could not have been any better. 😋

Props to the Grill Master on a job well done! Mrs. QBD2 and daughter also prepared a pint of sauce from grandma's old recipe to go with the brisket, and it was on point too!

Thanks to QBD2 & family for their generous donation and hard work in support of a very worthy cause.
QBD2 Brisket.jpg