Been Lurking & decided to jump in

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hey everybody. I got tired of lurking and wanted to jump on in. I live outside Hillsborough , i'm about to turn 58, and I turkey hunt Durham, Orange, Chatham, Granville, Franklin, Caswell & Person Counties mostly. Turkeys have me right where they want me and they squeeze a little tighter every year. I don't deer hunt much anymore, but I still go from time to time just to keep my mind clear.& be in the woods. I also love to fish from my kayak when it's not turkey season.

I used to post on T&TH, GSN, GON, and still do on GN & OG.

I've seen a few names I recognize and I'm looking forward to see who else I know & get to meet here.

Jim

outdoorNC

Spike
Hey everybody. I got tired of lurking and wanted to jump on in. I live outside Hillsborough , i'm about to turn 58, and I turkey hunt Durham, Orange, Chatham, Granville, Franklin, Caswell & Person Counties mostly. Turkeys have me right where they want me and they squeeze a little tighter every year. I don't deer hunt much anymore, but I still go from time to time just to keep my mind clear.& be in the woods. I also love to fish from my kayak when it's not turkey season.

I used to post on T&TH, GSN, GON, and still do on GN & OG.

I've seen a few names I recognize and I'm looking forward to see who else I know & get to meet here.

Jim
I am addicted to turkey hunting also, want to start kayak fishing (especially inshore at the coast) and have eased up on deer hunting. I am 64 and live in Caswell County. In addition to hunting some in NC, I have turkey hunted in other states and plan to continue to do so as long as I can.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah hear them anytime year let loose but them spring gobbles are what I'm looking for

I was set up cold calling when he came in gobbling. Called him in to about 60 yds but couldn't get him to come around the blowdown where I could kill him. Durn fall gobblers.... Got the heart rate up and the breathing heavy though. Amazing how it still gets me like that - EVERY time.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
^^ Did he do the classic walk away gobbling, or did he just lose interest and walk off silent ? ^^
What a December rush, bet that was exciting, that would make my whole Christmas !

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I was set up cold calling when he came in gobbling. Called him in to about 60 yds but couldn't get him to come around the blowdown where I could kill him. Durn fall gobblers.... Got the heart rate up and the breathing heavy though. Amazing how it still gets me like that - EVERY time.
Hate it when that happens. Well if you don't get him this fall you'll make him pay in spring? hopefully strutting into gun range. I know an area I'm looking to give some payback come April where I was whipped in Oct.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't be no more good...

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Were you in Va? I'm getting ready to head there in few minutes for the wknd hopefully see gobbler landowner won't let any hens be killed which is shame they been seeing them regular.