Been dry up at the Rock......

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just about lost half of my clover in the clover pasture fields. The back pasture is about completely gone in places...ALL my frost seeded clover that had came up was Gone with the Wind.....20210705_115922.jpg20210705_115911.jpg

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I noticed one of my clover plots in really tough shape this weekend too. If we start to get rain, it will bounce back. If we don’t in the next week, it may not.

already lost a half acre of alfalfa I planted last fall. Skimped on that one and planted Vernal. This heat and dry were too much for it.

Reactions: jug

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
I have noticed that my clover looks great in late April/early May. Then, over the hot part of the summer in July a d early August it almost disappears. By October, it’s back. It seems to “dry up” when it’s hot, then leaf back out once the weather cools off a bit.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
If you don't get rain tomorrow, you need to post your location, so we'll know what state you're in. ;)
Well. It is done raining now, and we got 0.10". Does that even count given the lack of rain we have had since early May?

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Weather underground says Stoneville NC got .3 inches of rain.... I guess that may help my clover a little bit.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well. It is done raining now, and we got 0.10". Does that even count given the lack of rain we have had since early May?
You're right. That's not going to get past the top inch. I was hoping for 1" out of that storm last week. We got 0.74". I'll take it.

But now it's dry again...