Beavertail Stealth Boat

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Never used one, but I'm sure it would work...once you get it to the water. That might be the choir. Looks a bit heavy to me, at 130 lbs. And that's not loaded with equipment. An M-11 Creek Boat is only 70 lbs and $25 more. A bare bones M-98 is only 44 lbs. and much less expensive. Plus they are made right here in NC.
I have an old 8 ft model of Creek Boat. Not sure on the weight, but I can carry myself, decoys and a dog in it on the water, and it's not terrible to drag through the woods.

BAR25-06

Six Pointer
Thanks i'll check those out. Im lucky that i wouldnt have to drag it but a few feet, or just flip it over to launch it. Seems like a very stable craft.

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
It can get you some places but getting it there could be a little bit of a burden compared to the smaller creek boats. I have a beavertail phantom that isn’t too hard to slide in places. It’s kind of a hybrid layout/sneak boat

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
M98 Creekboat is an awesome float for someone looking to hit some hard to reach places. At 43 lb and stable enough to carry me, a couple dozen decoys and a VERY steady dog, it is hard to beat.

20200805_131820.jpg

Cripplecreek

Six Pointer
I've got a Stealth 2000 and an older creek boat that is 9.5 ft. I've had both for a pretty good while. In my mind they have different uses.

Stealth:
-Pros: Stable to the point you would struggle to flip it, good seat/boat handles, easy to shoot out of, great jump shooting boat
-Cons: Weight. It's about 160lbs and I swear feels heavier; you can put two people in it but it gets tighter, tracking is not great

Creek Boat:
-Pros: weight makes it so you can toss it anywhere; easy to get places or throw in truck; awesome impoundment boat
-Cons: stability, it's not awful but I wouldn't want to float a lot of rivers and I don't like shooting out of it very much; comfort, it's fine for getting from point A to B but you don't want to be in there several hours in a sitting position, the new ones might be better with that bar across the middle, weight is also a factor with things like stronger winds because they will blow you around

Again I think they are good for different purposes. By far I use the creek boat more.