Beaver Stew 2.0

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Was going to fix this Kentucky Burgoo of Hank Shaw's, but for a variety of reasons it ended up being a beaver stew instead:

Used the back half of the beaver and browned as much of the meat as I could in some olive oil. Cooked some chopped onions, a green bell pepper, and some carrots in the oil. Then I put the meat (still on the bone) and the veggies in a crock-pot/slow cooker with water and a little Worcestershire sauce and simmered for 2 hours.

Took the meat off the bone and put the meat back in the crock-pot. Added some cut up potatoes and some more Worcestershire sauce. Simmered for another 2 hours.

And here is the result. :) It's good! Will make beaver broth with the bones tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20201218_233710546.jpg
    IMG_20201218_233710546.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20201218_233717143.jpg
    IMG_20201218_233717143.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks delicious and I'm sure it is. When I started trapping beavers and skinning them the meat looked so clean I cooked part of one... stir fried the loin w/ vegies. That was very good but when I started doing stews , well THAT"S the way!

Was going to fix this Kentucky Burgoo of Hank Shaw's, but for a variety of reasons it ended up being a beaver stew instead:

Used the back half of the beaver and browned as much of the meat as I could in some olive oil. Cooked some chopped onions, a green bell pepper, and some carrots in the oil. Then I put the meat (still on the bone) and the veggies in a crock-pot/slow cooker with water and a little Worcestershire sauce and simmered for 2 hours.

Took the meat off the bone and put the meat back in the crock-pot. Added some cut up potatoes and some more Worcestershire sauce. Simmered for another 2 hours.

And here is the result. :) It's good! Will make beaver broth with the bones tomorrow.
Never tried it but been wanting too sounds delicious