Bear licenses and stamps now expire June 30 every year

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So how does that effect the majority of the folks from this site? Nevermind, I get it, I have had a lifetime license so long I forget about the folks that have to buy that stuff separate.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
The Bear mgmt stamp,was valid 12 months after date of purchase until this change,and I take it that with the change being made the Nonresident bear hunting license may have been the set up the same way.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
So how does that effect the majority of the folks from this site? Nevermind, I get it, I have had a lifetime license so long I forget about the folks that have to buy that stuff separate.
I've had my lifetime license for 3 years and If memory serves it used to include bears on the big game harvest report card. Since they have since required an extra bear tag for 10 bucks do we have to pay that every year?

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I wonder if this will affect current licenses/e-stamps that were already purchased or only new ones purchased. Mom is from TN and comes hunting with me here in NC. We hunted bear in December last year and she waited to buy her license and e-stamp until she got here specifically so if we werent successful in December (which we werent), the same license and stamp would be effective in November of this year so she wouldnt have to pay for it again this year. I just looked her up online and it shows her e-stamp and license dont expire until 12/10/2018 so it hasnt changed online yet anyway.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
I wonder if this will affect current licenses/e-stamps that were already purchased or only new ones purchased. Mom is from TN and comes hunting with me here in NC. We hunted bear in December last year and she waited to buy her license and e-stamp until she got here specifically so if we werent successful in December (which we werent), the same license and stamp would be effective in November of this year so she wouldnt have to pay for it again this year. I just looked her up online and it shows her e-stamp and license dont expire until 12/10/2018 so it hasnt changed online yet anyway.

It took effect 1 July 2018,so I would call the WRC.