Beach permit for Topsail this fall

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Does North or South Topsail Beach issue permits for vehicles to be driven on the beach for fishing in the fall this year, and is it possible to obtain a permit for vehicles like a Gator to use for fishing. I was down this weekend and saw the beach patrol using Gators, or similar styles, on the beach and just wonder if permits could be obtained for this type of ATV for the beach come fall fishing. Don't recall ever seeing anyone using them on the beach during the fall fishing, but would be nice if you could.

Higgins

Ten Pointer
We bought one for the Jeep to access the New River Inlet ,100.00 a year but I think that's all its good for.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Unless things have changed North topsail is free game as far as vehicle access but is minimal area (200yds) to actually drive on. A permit is available for the south end and if I remember correctly it’s about 4 miles of access and runs $50.00. Not sure about your UTV question, however, I would think what ever vehicle you use would need to be registered with tags for identification.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Things have changed regarding North Topsail Beach and the New River Inlet. I am sure you now pay a fee to access the allowable portion of the inlet with a 4x4 vehicle. It just changed the last couple of years. This is considered Beach Access #3 off River Rd. Better Google it because there are details.

Last edited:

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Topsail Island is made up of 3 different townships, Topsail Beach, Surf City, and North Topsail Beach. Each one has its own beach driving regs. Better read up!

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Do you still get the topsail permit from the PD?

Last edited: