Be Ever Grateful For Every Normal Day Of Your Life

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don't usually put out my personal stuff here but here goes. My son has cancer, kidney cancer in his one remaining kidney after losing one 17 years ago. Now they will take out the other and Tom will go on dialysis. My wife, my son and I are shattered by this situation. I'm 70 years old and were it me I would simply let the cancer take me before yielding to the vast medical system in search of a few more years.... BUT, Tom is 37. He has a life ahead of him that is going to be even more challenging that what he has already faced but he's not ready to just let cancer have its way with him. Our days are not guaranteed, tomorrow is not a promise. In the morning stop to think how special it is to wake without some dread of an illness that's eating away at your future. All of us who enjoy pretty good health need to know that it's very special to be well.... many are not.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don't usually put out my personal stuff here but here goes. My son has cancer, kidney cancer in his one remaining kidney after losing one 17 years ago. Now they will take out the other and Tom will go on dialysis. My wife, my son and I are shattered by this situation. I'm 70 years old and were it me I would simply let the cancer take me before yielding to the vast medical system in search of a few more years.... BUT, Tom is 37. He has a life ahead of him that is going to be even more challenging that what he has already faced but he's not ready to just let cancer have its way with him. Our days are not guaranteed, tomorrow is not a promise. In the morning stop to think how special it is to wake without some dread of an illness that's eating away at your future. All of us who enjoy pretty good health need to know that it's very special to be well.... many are not.
Sorry to hear this Aaron…and agree with your point about being thankful each day that we can

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Prayers for all, tough situation...As mentioned, hopefully he is on a donor list and can have this done and lead a more normal life...

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Prayers for y'all. I agree, we all need to be grateful to God for every day. It is hard to do sometime, but that is when we need to the most.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Praying that Our Lord will heal & bring peace to your son & his family during this difficult time.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hate to hear that, let us know if you need anything. Hope he is a candidate for transplant and a suitable doner is found if so. Cancer is a nasty beast with no discrimination, we have come a long way with treatments but have a log way to go too.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very sorry to hear about your son. I'll keep him in my prayers.
Please keep us up to date on his condition.