Be careful this week.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
We don't want any broken arms or such as you tangle with these big bass that will be up and biting. :)
It started last Friday and by this Friday it will be unworldly what will be caught.
Ponds will be ridiculously easy so to give them a break you might need to look at a lake or two.
Very close to the conditions of the third week of feb last year and hopefully you got in on that.
If not here's your chance.
To me smaller lakes and ponds trump the big lakes but as warm as it's gonna be they all should do well.
Pick your poison on lures. I'll be fishing some blade baits and Ned rigs and senkos. But it wont matter.
Good Luck if you can go.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Cool
Bass makes great catfish bait.
Glad the bite has started.
One good bass is like 6 or 8 perch or bluegill

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Major League Fishing is coming to Jordan, Harris, Falls in March. It will be interesting to see if they can sack em the way some of the locals can. Harris has had some of the biggest limits in the country the last couple years... that can't last for ever can it?? :censored:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Major League Fishing is coming to Jordan, Harris, Falls in March. It will be interesting to see if they can sack em the way some of the locals can. Harris has had some of the biggest limits in the country the last couple years... that can't last for ever can it?? :censored:
It has lasted for thirty plus years. ever since hydrilla came on the scene.
it'll only be 10 going on the last day on harris I think so they may not hammer them like the locals.
We'll see.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
What ramps and locations?
That will lock those places down being the size they are.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
re
uh no gadget, it'll be ten boats launching for the tourney on a Sunday.
They may have trouble getting launched but they wont be keeping anyone else from playing.
they haven't decided which ramp they are using.
Of far more concern may be a local team derby scheduled for the same day.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

OS is all over it, they only have 80 competitors total and are cut after day 2 and 3. I'll be watching the live stream saying... dummy if you would move 30yds. to the left and throw in that direction you would kill em :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
re

uh no gadget, it'll be ten boats launching for the tourney on a Sunday.
They may have trouble getting launched but they wont be keeping anyone else from playing.
they haven't decided which ramp they are using.
Of far more concern may be a local team derby scheduled for the same day.
Understand that.
Just talking about the area they set up in to do the weigh in and all the other stuff.
They also set up some vendors and other stuff.

Add that to all the video boats and so on is what I'm talking about.
I want to see some first hand also.go see a weigh in or two.
Think it would be cool.

Remember Kerr a few years back the did the pro fishing and most the ramps were maxed out plus traffic was high.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Understand that.
Just talking about the area they set up in to do the weigh in and all the other stuff.
They also set up some vendors and other stuff.

Add that to all the video boats and so on is what I'm talking about.
I want to see some first hand also.go see a weigh in or two.
Think it would be cool.

Remember Kerr a few years back the did the pro fishing and most the ramps were maxed out plus traffic was high.
well there is no weigh in under their format. they weigh them as caught. cameras are in each boat. no flotilla of camera boats.
they will enertertain spectators to some degree but the facilities at harris are really primitive plus Raleigh is the host site so it's not determined yet how this will play out. they may mingle at dorton arena with fans amidst a "show" of some sorts.

It's a fluid situation. I talked this am wirh a sponsor who was quoting MLF's tournament logistics guru.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Sure wish I had a good pond that I could do a little fishing on...I've got a boat but I have to catch an hour or two here or there to fish and hunt, simply can't get away like I used to...

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
well there is no weigh in under their format. they weigh them as caught. cameras are in each boat. no flotilla of camera boats.
they will enertertain spectators to some degree but the facilities at harris are really primitive plus Raleigh is the host site so it's not determined yet how this will play out. they may mingle at dorton arena with fans amidst a "show" of some sorts.

It's a fluid situation. I talked this am wirh a sponsor who was quoting MLF's tournament logistics guru.
Good to know
I thought they still had a remote boat camera boats set up, may just use a few and not one per boat.
Funny did not really look to see what tournament, I have watched that on tv several time.
Lots better than the old type or BASS.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Working around Norman and keeping eyes on the shallows and around docks wishing I could break away but alas making lots of bonus $$ is what I want to do, especially with moving the last of our stuff out and closing on selling our house, buying another and moving all next week/weekend. Mountain lakes and rivers are in trouble starting March though!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
as good as today was tomorrow will be better.
ponds are really going. i even had one bust a bait on top. nice for february.
just fished right after work but it was cloudy and a little wind just perfect.
a PB&J half Zinkerz on a 1/16th oz gopher mushroom head was all i threw.