Battery Pole Saw

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Just an FYI
If you have a compact gen like a honda 1000 or 2000iu I have used the cheap Harbor Freight pole saw. I just mounted the Gen on the ATV and use a 50' power cord to get into areas. Works fine but they leak oil. Need to wrap a rag around it and bag it.

I have an electric one you can have for FREE!!...

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
We got a dewalt 20v chainsaw and pole pruner we take with us when we put deer stands up, i am very impressed with both as light and useful as they are. No they dont have the power of my stihl 271 farm boss but when it comes to standing on a ladder one handing a saw ill take the extra time it takes to use the dewalt. Slower yes but just as effective. For what its worth only thing ive had to do to em since i took em out of the box is add bar oil and charge batteries. Chain is still plenty sharp and tight

newdeerhunter011

Eight Pointer
picked up a kobalt 40v a few weeks ago. only used it once but pretty happy with it. cuts good and battery seems to last a while also. also much lighter than our other stihl ht103.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Bought a greenworks 80 volt. It does great but only had it one year. It survived one season of being beat to death. We’ll see long term though. I’m usually pretty rough on my stuff

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I think I'm gonna pick up a Ryobi one. I only need to use it to cut a few things a month. All my other tools are Ryobi.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good info.
Thats all we were after.

What model battery on the husky?
What I'm hearing and was told they make several different batteries. Tend to find poor battery life on the common one most people get on amazon and other places.
Husqvarna even stated on Amazon several times about the battery life and charging problems. My bet it is the common ones not the higher level like you would use being you said price was a dislike.View attachment 58296View attachment 58297
Wonder if there is a home use and a pro. Would imagine the pro would have better components including battery. I bet a pro that uses something daily probably takes better care of making sure battery is charged etc... over the common homeowner.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Wonder if there is a home use and a pro. Would imagine the pro would have better components including battery. I bet a pro that uses something daily probably takes better care of making sure battery is charged etc... over the common homeowner.
My bet is the quality of the battery.

Just like the big box stores wity Dewalt and selling a combo driver with a 1.3amp battery for 100$ when the 3 or 4 amp battery on its own is 150$.

Guess when we talk about stuff like this we need to factor in price.
Or put an upper limit.

I think some are talking 150 to 250 price range to use a few times a year at hunt camp and other may be looking a day to day use and 6oo $ range or more.

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
I have a Greenworks 40v and it does anything I’ve asked it to do so far. I’ve had it 2 yrs and battery has held up. Got it on special at Menards for 113.99, well worth it as far as I’m concerned.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I'm getting ready to buy one myself and since I have a $100 Lowes gift card I have narrowed my choices down to the 40v Kobalt and the 24v Craftsman.
Leaning toward the Kobalt due to the 5yr warranty.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Update: I bought the 40v Kobalt from lowes and while I only used it a short period it works great for what I need.
It's lightweight and after continues use for over 30mins it still had 50% battery life.

The only thing I dont like is the small chain tensioner screw.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
I was looking for an old thread of mine on the same subject, and I can’t find it. I’ll hijack this thread.

a few weeks ago I bought a $200 gas (2 stroke) craftsman pole saw. It’s technically a yard multi tool. It’s got an 8’ pole so I can get probably 14’ up. 10 inch chain. I’ve been using the heck out of it and recommend it. I still have a lot of work to do w it so I hope I don’t jinx myself. So far I probably have 5-6 hours of runtime on it.

I had planned on renting one but I’m glad I just bought it. $200 isn’t too bad as long as it holds up a few seasons (and this year would be the heavy use year). One thing I didn’t account for is how tired my shoulders get since I am lifting it over my head frequently to get as high as I can. Glad I own it so I can take my time bc I wouldn’t be able to do all I need to do in a week (and still feel my arms)