Battery jump pack?

Crappie man

Six Pointer
Had been looking at the Noco for awhile now and this thread renewed my interest.Was in Pep Boys today and they were 20% off. The lady at the register gave me 25% off so took the 40 back and got the 70. At 149.00 best price I’ve seen anywhere . Skibo store in Fayetteville.

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I've got this one: https://www.koldban.com/KrankingKART_s/34.htm

You can't wear it out, and recharge time is around 15 seconds if the charging system is good. The price tag will get you though! They've got a smaller version of it now, with about half the cold cranking amps, but it's still in the $700 range.
Mine is almost 10 years old and still works as good as new. It'd be a dopey investment if you weren't jump starting a lot of vehicles though.

Joe

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Saw this brand jump pack (do not remember size) at Tractor Supply in Youngsville this afternoon. They had at least three that I saw and were on clearance at $54.99. Maybe check a TS near you and see what they have left over

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
Want to know if anyone has used one of the compact battery packs.
Been reading on the Noco Genius 1000 battery pack.
Look nice and seen some good reports but not long term or extended use.
Key is about use. Not that you have had one in the truck or shop setting.
Thats all good want to hear about use and how they hold up.
These things are only a few pounds not the 15 to 20 the bigger jump boxes are and that is what I think is cool.
Small and compact.
Thoughts on it or another compact unit?

I have the I-start. It's so small, but has worked nicely to start dead batteries. It was around $100, but seems higher now.
http://www.quickcable.com/products.php?pageId=958

sll

Four Pointer
I bought one of the NOCO's on Black Friday for $74.99 from their website. They run them half price a couple of times a year so keep checking their site. I haven't used it yet but have heard others say they are great. I do have one of their Genius smart onboard batter charges on my boat for about 3-4 years now and it has been excellent.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I picked up the cheap one at harbor freight on Saturday no for car starting(although I’ll usr it for that as well) but primarily to run my large telescope. With the telescope and dew heaters my old 7ah battery that my two scopes came with only gave me about an hour to an hour and a half. My smaller scope runs just about all night on it but the larger scope would kill it. I paid $42 with my coupon. It’s a 17ah jump starter with two 12v cigarette plugs and I think two usb charging ports.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I picked up the cheap one at harbor freight on Saturday no for car starting(although I’ll usr it for that as well) but primarily to run my large telescope. With the telescope and dew heaters my old 7ah battery that my two scopes came with only gave me about an hour to an hour and a half. My smaller scope runs just about all night on it but the larger scope would kill it. I paid $42 with my coupon. It’s a 17ah jump starter with two 12v cigarette plugs and I think two usb charging ports.

My ATV sprayer plugs into the cigarette lighter socket on the ATV. I've blown a fuse a couple of times while spraying and it's a bear to get to with the full tank on the back. Would this work to run the sprayer in a pinch like this? I've already bought the NOCO, but wouldn't mind having one in each vehicle anyway.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
My ATV sprayer plugs into the cigarette lighter socket on the ATV. I've blown a fuse a couple of times while spraying and it's a bear to get to with the full tank on the back. Would this work to run the sprayer in a pinch like this? I've already bought the NOCO, but wouldn't mind having one in each vehicle anyway.
I plan to try, not sure how it will work but it should.
Want to run bait pump, sprayer pump and water transfer pump.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
It should work just fine. There’s two 12v cigarette lighter plugs on it and one or two usb plugs too along with the battery clamps.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is a follow-up to an older thread. I bought the NOCO and the Viking from Harbor Freight. I haven't used the NOCO. It's just been riding around in my truck since Feb, but I used the Viking this morning to operate a 16 gallon sprayer using the cigarette lighter socket. It worked perfectly fine and I didn't have to worry about blowing a fuse on the 4-wheeler. I ran the 16 gallon tank empty and the battery was still going strong. Very pleased.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Everyone still happy with the NOCO's? I've had to get someone to jump my truck twice in the last couple weeks. Looking at buying one in the next couple days.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've had the NOCO and the Viking from Harbor Freight for over a year now and I prefer the Viking. It's also quite a bit cheaper. The Viking comes with a much better accessory package as well. I'm going to pick up another Viking when I catch it on sale again.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got a HALO from QVC for $60-70. It will jump my V8 Truck 5-6 times on a charge.
I have a halo as well, have jumped my truck, lawn mower, atv ... also have used it to charge phones and use the flashlight on it during power outages... I’ve had it for close to two years and it has done well, I always carry it with me in my older hunting truck

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've got the 4000 amp NOCO for the farm and it's the best thing since sliced bread not to have to pull out jumper cables.