Battery jump pack?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Want to know if anyone has used one of the compact battery packs.
Been reading on the Noco Genius 1000 battery pack.
Look nice and seen some good reports but not long term or extended use.
Key is about use. Not that you have had one in the truck or shop setting.
Thats all good want to hear about use and how they hold up.
These things are only a few pounds not the 15 to 20 the bigger jump boxes are and that is what I think is cool.
Small and compact.
Thoughts on it or another compact unit?

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
We have 3 of the basaf jumper packs at work that we throw Into the trucks when we take them out. I’ve only had to use it once but it worked as expected.

MG. I carry an Everstart 1200 amp jump starter with me were ever I go. Will jump off my truck or atv when I go to the woods. I even take it on the boat when I fish. Getting stranded sux. Especially in areas with no cell phone service. Its good to have a backup plan. Not sure about the Noco but I recommend being prepared. Its better to have one and not need it than to need it and not have it.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
I cannot remember the brand name, but I know he said he bought it off amazon for less than $100. Anywho, came out of the squirrel woods last year and hopped into the 5.4L Expedition to a totally flat lined battery. Drove there about 3 hours prior and zero juice when I got back. A little Hispanic feller has just pulled in and noticed I was having issues and offered his little jump pack. Not much larger than a note card and he was real hesitant because he hadn’t charged it in over a year. Hook it up, spin 3 revolutions and I was on my way to NAPA for a battery. The little bit of research I did shortly after that showed that most of them perform the same way. A friend also jumped off a dead 6.2 Detroit with one from Harbor Freight. I don’t know that one is any better than the other, but if one from harbor freight will jump a cold 6.2 Detroit desiel, they can only go up from there.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Great info guys.
The main thing I'm looking is for extras, and the ATV.
The newer ATV with EFI will not star without a battery. If it dies you need a battery or another ATV to jump it and if no one is hunting in the area it is a long walk or wait.
So plan to pick up something, lighter the better. May even get a small one to keep in the ATV. They make 400 amp, 1000 and 2000 range or something like that.

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Great info guys.
The main thing I'm looking is for extras, and the ATV.
The newer ATV with EFI will not star without a battery. If it dies you need a battery or another ATV to jump it and if no one is hunting in the area it is a long walk or wait.
So plan to pick up something, lighter the better. May even get a small one to keep in the ATV. They make 400 amp, 1000 and 2000 range or something like that.

Good idea about having one to keep with an ATV. Have the larger models in all our vehicles but for some reason never thought about getting a small one for the ATV. If you find one you like please post about it.

beagleman26

Four Pointer
F4EBF2B3-8F44-48B9-822C-A063B832EC77.png
My mom gave me one like this a few Christmas’s ago. I used it to jump a 2500HD Chevy that was completely dead from sitting. Website said it would jump a full size truck 18 times on one charge.

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have had that very model for about a year now. It works great. I bought one after having a nice young man jump my car with one, one evening when I was leaving work. He said he had used his many times over the years and it worked great.

I ordered one that night and also have used it to jump one of my cars and others over the past year. I also have used it to jump a lawn mower, and many times to throw clays with my battery operated clay thrower.

It goes and goes. I have forgotten about it in my trunk and then months later thought - I need to charge that thing. Pull it out and it is fully charged. I also have used it for over an hour throwing clays and it barely needs charging.

I am a believer, get one!

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
took, are you saying you have the Matco or the Noco? I think I want one like yours. :)

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
They are good items to have around. I used to keep one in the boat when duck hunting incase the battery decided to crap out on me. I figured it would be better than trying to pull start a 4 stroke 70 hp outboard when its freezing cold.

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
They are good items to have around. I used to keep one in the boat when duck hunting incase the battery decided to crap out on me. I figured it would be better than trying to pull start a 4 stroke 70 hp outboard when its freezing cold.
Yeah, I once tried pull-starting my 70 hp Suzuki 4-stroke and let's just say it's a no-go for me.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Funny
I had to pull a 150 merc tower of power. Hardest thing ever. It had the wood handle and 6 foot cord you hand wrapped. ..

drum3rguy

Eight Pointer
I bought one from harbor freight after being stranded near one a couple of years ago. I've used it to jump lawnmowers, tractors, gas golf carts, and cars as well as used it to charge phones when the power goes out. It's probably not the best one out there but when it dies, I'll definitely replace it.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I've got a Schumacher have used it several times worked perfect jump started vehicles lawn mowers also charged phones when power out
Also has inflator I have a lawn mower tire that goes down lot have pumped it up many times. Only down side its bulky/heavy compared to the little ones

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a Harbor Freight also it has done an excellent job. I had one for years that I bought at the parts store that lasted over 10 years prior to that. On a farm you are using one for everything.

jgcpa

Spike
The Noco brand has an excellent reputation, but it comes with a hefty price tag. I have a Gooloo brand one, 600a peak, 300a starting, rated for 5L motors and it has started my 8.1 L truck a couple of times. $60. I was going to buy a bigger one, but then my wife bought this one for my birthday and I didn't want to tell her she bought the wrong one.... glad it works. I don't take it in the boat bc it has two batteries, I do take it on cross country motorcycle rides.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have the Noco Genius GB40 1000 Amp from Amazon = $99.95
Thanks, took. I've been researching these all day and had narrowed it down to this one or the Viking from Harbor Freight. I really like the accessories that come with the Viking, but the Noko has more amps and I can get it through Amazon prime with free shipping, so that narrows down the cost difference. I would really like to have the cigarette charger socket for it, but they don't seem to offer it.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
If these boost packs really pack that much into such a small package, then why don't we just use 'em in our vehicles "instead" of a battery

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If these boost packs really pack that much into such a small package, then why don't we just use 'em in our vehicles "instead" of a battery
They are being used.
Look at all the Electric cars.
Just too high of price now when you get on that has storage for the use we need.

Think of it like this, one time there was lead acid battery only, now we have Glass matt, gell and so on. Those were 400 to 600 but now down to 100 and 200 so they are used.
Just timing.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
$99 at Amazon is the best I could find. Autozone is at $129. I just ordered from Amazon to be here Sunday.