Bass fishing in sept.

Huntman11

Button Buck
What do you guys like to throw for bass in the afternoon in September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Depends on the lake.....in clear water it’s about finding bait more so than cover.....a walking bait, swimbait drop shot is good for numbers. Also in clear water running down shallow banks and looking for shallow cruisers can be good for bigger fish. In dirtier water you still want to find bait but they will relate to cover more especially when sunny. Fish like to school this time of year so when you find one you typically have found a pile. Fishing trips this time of year are generally either really good or very unproductive. And with all the added pressure this year with covid and business being shut down.....if you don’t know what you’re doing when you head to any public body of water then you will be humbled.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
What do you guys like to throw for bass in the afternoon in September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that depends on the weather.
Today before the storms some type of topwater would have been what i would have "liked" to have thrown. a p70 Popr or an Abott homemade in line buzzer, or a whopper plopper.
But some evenings you just wont have that activity on top so i would like to throw a Jack hammer vibrating jig.. A nice cross between a spinnerbait, crankbait and rattle bait.

and it really does depend on where you are fishing. If i were fishing a regular (not covered in vegetation or surface moss) pond I would just use a Ned rig and be done with it. You can fish in on top or bottom and everywhere in between. You can really blister a farm pond with it.

SUDDEN IMPACT

Eight Pointer
Like oldest school said depends on the weather and really body of water. The lakes I fish have a little aggravating bait fish called a herring that dictates your every move. I'd find myself running brush piles throwing top water for spotted bass. I'd target large mouth bass flipping a big 10" worm or jig around shallow structure. End of September and all of Oct are good months to fish in between sits in the deer stand. I take my sons every chance I can, its not too hot or too cold and the wave runners for the most part have left called it quits for the year.20200830_154341.jpg

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Like oldest school said depends on the weather and really body of water. The lakes I fish have a little aggravating bait fish called a herring that dictates your every move. I'd find myself running brush piles throwing top water for spotted bass. I'd target large mouth bass flipping a big 10" worm or jig around shallow structure. End of September and all of Oct are good months to fish in between sits in the deer stand. I take my sons every chance I can, its not too hot or too cold and the wave runners for the most part have left called it quits for the year.View attachment 51321
you realize he is close if not already getting ready to "take over" control of the boat? :)
Nice fish as always.

Deerhuntr

Ten Pointer
Buzzbait, Texas rig craw, squarebill crank. Fish every lay down or whatever structure you can find. Bass will be moving shallower or already are and will be feeding. Never discount a shakey head either.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Old Standby for me in the fall late afternoons and well past dark is the old reliable black jitterbug. they murder it.