Barred Owl

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
friend of mine caught this yesterday evening

“Well I only caught one tonight but it was a heck of a fight! Was fishing top water at dusk in the pond behind my house and had a barred owl swoop down and grab my Heddon Torpedo! Went through his foot in a soft spot right above his talons that were vicious looking. Luckily I was able to calm him down because I had to hold his talon to work the treble hook out! It eventually came out and he flew to a branch right beside me. Was pretty cool
d7db5568965a036b1209f3f1539d8f15.jpg
02b3a67f2a5eb4c0b6268460194ff8b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
friend of mine caught this yesterday evening

“Well I only caught one tonight but it was a heck of a fight! Was fishing top water at dusk in the pond behind my house and had a barred owl swoop down and grab my Heddon Torpedo! Went through his foot in a soft spot right above his talons that were vicious looking. Luckily I was able to calm him down because I had to hold his talon to work the treble hook out! It eventually came out and he flew to a branch right beside me. Was pretty cool
d7db5568965a036b1209f3f1539d8f15.jpg
02b3a67f2a5eb4c0b6268460194ff8b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job getting the hook out!
I bet that was a heck of time!

Crazy. I caught a duck one time when fishing. It swam down and ate my bait. Started flying around like crazy. I just cut the line.

“J”

Twelve Pointer
Wow, that’s pretty crazy. Had some buddies hook a sea gull. They got it into the boat, pulled the hook out and for payment the seagull crapped all over their boat 😂

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Caught a blue heron at Badin several years ago. Got tangled up in my Carolina rig. Got him in the boat and cut him loose. Didn't even try to stab us with his beak, which surprised me.

thandy

Ten Pointer
FIL caught a beaver one time. Tossed a 1/4oz rattle trap just as it came out of the water and he attacked it. We got it close to the boat but he was pissed and we had to cut the line.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Caught a goose one time it was like flying a kite. Had to cut the line on that one. Also water snake and a bunch of cooter turtles.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Caught a pelican once. Luckily another dude had a large towel and I was able to wrap it up tight and get the hook out of it's beak. I couldn't imagine an owl! He'd be eating my eyeballs out while I worked on the hook.