Barred Owl From The Shoulder.......

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
DSC_4950.jpg

The wife and I were in the yard this afternoon and heard the smaller birds causing a ruckus in the woods just off the property. We checked it out and my sharp-eyed spouse spotted this Barred owl just hanging out. I managed to get my camera but in my haste I forgot a piece for my tripod, so I tried shooting with the lens steadied on the wife's shoulder. Not a great shot, but you work with what you have........

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
View attachment 17130

The wife and I were in the yard this afternoon and heard the smaller birds causing a ruckus in the woods just off the property. We checked it out and my sharp-eyed spouse spotted this Barred owl just hanging out. I managed to get my camera but in my haste I forgot a piece for my tripod, so I tried shooting with the lens steadied on the wife's shoulder. Not a great shot, but you work with what you have........
So far, I haven't even seen an Owl much less had a chance to shoot one...good deal

rodman

Ten Pointer
Nice. Had one fly in about dark Saturday evening while hunting with a friend. He lit just yards away. Neat bird