Barnes .223 Vor-TX

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Very tempting! Got my daughter a 243 so may not be using the 223 for anything other than punching paper and occasional whistle pig

Southern

Ten Pointer
I have a friend who started his kids on bear with .223. This is all they use and have killed 4-5 bear with them no problem. I don't recommend this obviously but it is a good bullet. If they dont go quickly I will cram them back in the pile and use them.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The 55 and 62 gr. Barnes bullets are my bullet of choice for 1:9 or faster twist barrels. These will give you 2 holes and punch through any deer.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
yup they will work. not much of a blood trail but if you put that sucker in the boilerroom hes not gonna run any farther than he would if you shot him in the same place with a 6.5 creed

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We've shot 3 with this round. Couple drops of blood every 4-5 yards but they never go more than 40-50 yards if hit double lung.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We've shot 3 with this round. Couple drops of blood every 4-5 yards but they never go more than 40-50 yards if hit double lung
Shocked they haven't sold at this price. Cheapest online is $10 box higher plus tax, plus shipping on top.