Bark collars on treeing dogs in house...

GAWolf

Ten Pointer
Anyone ever tried to quell a treeing dog from barking in the house with a collar? We have a mouthy little female mountain feist who barks incessantly at every person who walks in our house. Obviously, she's equally as mouthy when she sees a squirrel in the woods so I don't want to hurt that. She's about a year old. We've tried everything else to make it stop and are grasping at straws with even considering a collar. She's a hunting dog, so I don't want to mess her up in the woods. Anyone have any experience with such a dilemma? Any assistance is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. As part of the issue, she barks at any squirrel looking out the window, too. A lot. Relentlessly. She hates a squirrel, thankfully. Putting in a kennel is not an option per the boss of the house, the other lady I live with.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
dont think a no bark collar used inside the house will stop her from barking at squirrels when she is not wearing the collar. Most dogs will learn not to bark
while wearing the collar and go right back to it after you take it off.
BUT, most likely he will have a tracking collar on when hunting and they associate that the same as the bark collar. Seen it happen many times.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Scolding her for barking at visitors wont ruin her from hunting i dont believe....ive never kept a hunting dog in the house....

GAWolf

Ten Pointer
BUT, most likely he will have a tracking collar on when hunting and they associate that the same as the bark collar. Seen it happen many times.
No. I can't afford those. If they don’t come back I chalk it up to life happening.

GAWolf

Ten Pointer
There’s the probationer after she got into my boy’s school bag and ate all his markers. All of them. All the colors. She is a lunatic. My kid changed her name to Post Malone until the face tats wore off.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No. I can't afford those. If they don’t come back I chalk it up to life happening.
Dang, she must not be too good of a squirrel dog. ANYTHING that will tree reliably will bring $1500. I have seen 10k turned down for dogs several times and seen 15k paid for one. I have also heard of much more than that paid for them but can't confirm it. I have over 40K worth of insurance on these three plugs I have left here.

GAWolf

Ten Pointer
Dang, she must not be too good of a squirrel dog. ANYTHING that will tree reliably will bring $1500. I have seen 10k turned down for dogs several times and seen 15k paid for one. I have also heard of much more than that paid for them but can't confirm it. I have over 40K worth of insurance on these three plugs I have left here.
She’s a fun hunting dog - not a show dog. We enjoy her. Worth that much to me, and that’s all that matters. But if you want to give me $15k for her, she’s yours.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Tried the no bark collar on one of the labs in the house. Was a waste of money on him. Had use shock collar. Even then had turn the juice up. Never been a lab person but ended up with 2 this summer. One of them is about as hard headed as any dog ever owned. He flunked out of retriever college by 2 trainers so should have known he had issues. Only good thing he was free

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
She’s a fun hunting dog - not a show dog. We enjoy her. Worth that much to me, and that’s all that matters. But if you want to give me $15k for her, she’s yours.
Nope, I have paid decent money for a couple but I really prefer to roll my own. Besides she is the wrong breed for me. Mine has to serve dual rolls for me. She is a little small for night maneuvers, she most likely would become a yote snack.