Barefoot Archery in Charlotte

Drewnjnc

Has anyone used Barefoot Archery in Charlotte to setup or service their bow? How were they and their prices? Thanks

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Yea I will give Jesse a thumbs up as well. They do good work but can get backed up close to bow season.

EMB

Ten Pointer
Barefoot is a class operation. Pretty loyal to Matthews, though he will service others.

Skips Archery shop in Indian Trail does some good work as well. Distributor for Bowtech. He is an older guy and sometimes like Barefoot gets jammed just before season.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have had great service at Barefoot. They carry a lot of Bear products as well...

PG2

Ten Pointer
Skip moved to Mineral Springs, bigger building and has some much needed help!

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Skip moved to Mineral Springs, bigger building and has some much needed help!

Yes they moved in December. i just purchased my 8 yo a diamond infinite edge. Skip did the setup with him and by 9 pm he was shooting on the enclosed range. If you live in Union area, the new place is much larger. Same great service.

Last edited:

foolish

Six Pointer
Skip gets my vote but I haven't been to Barefoot If there's not a lot of people around see if he'll share some island story's. I've hunted with him before and he is a great story teller.

Last edited:

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
I must have caught barefoot on a bad day, went there with an older bow looking to get it serviced he pretty much told me I just need to buy a new boat and was pretty rude. I left never been back. I go to The Great Outdoors in Cherryville if I need anything.

Paper

I must have caught barefoot on a bad day, went there with an older bow looking to get it serviced he pretty much told me I just need to buy a new boat and was pretty rude. I left never been back. I go to The Great Outdoors in Cherryville if I need anything.

The Great Outdoors in Cherryville is awesome, I always make a trip to see those guys when I need anything done to my bow.

JAMIE V

Good People... Jesse has been in the business for years and knows his stuff! Great shop !

JAMIE V

GREAT OUTDOORS in Cherryville is also a great shop and great knowledgeable staff !

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Not meaning to hijack (usually said right before a hijack. lol) but do any of you Union county folks know the address of the new shop in Mineral Springs?

nckeith

Ten Pointer
go south on potter road into the "town" of mineral springs. Make a quick right on the gravel road behind the feed and fertilizer store before the RR tracks. Go down the gravel and it will dead end at the new building.
GPS to 5901 Eubanks St, Waxhaw, NC 28173

Drewnjnc

Not a hi-jack at all brother! It's good to know about other shops.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Barefoot is an awesome shop. Jesse is a first class guy. I used to shoot there 5-6 days a week when I lived in South Charlotte. Never failed to come to the range, give me pointers, help me with my form. I have always found his prices to be reasonable.

You could also check out Bows N Ballistics up in Hildebran. Just the other side of Hickory a couple miles. I usually go there now to see Matt so I don't have to deal with Charlotte traffic. Great guys. They have done a bunch of minor repairs and tune-ups on my bow at no charge. Great guys, been in business close to 10 years now I guess.

Carolinaguy

Six Pointer
Skip gets my vote but I haven't been to Barefoot If there's not a lot of people around see if he'll share some island story's. I've hunted with him before and he is a great story teller.

I second this. My inlaws live inWaxhaw and I found Skip's by accident while looking for a bow shop near their house. I went in to check out the shop and spent the next 2 hours just talking to Skip about everything archery related. He's a super nice guy and has a wealth of knowledge. I'm going to be in Waxhaw again next month and plan on paying him another visit and this time I'll actually have my bow with me. Go see Skip if you're ever near Mineral Springs. You won't regret it.