Bands...

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
Figured since the waterfowl forum is slow....what are some of the rarer/unusual bands you have seen? Me personally I have only killed 4 banded ducks and 1 goose. One of them being a double banded mallard I killed in the year 2000, banded once by the feds then banded a second time by the Jack miner foundation...buddy killed a mallard that was banded in Saskatchewan. Saw a double banded black duck get killed with a $100 reward. a guy I know killed a banded bufflehead for his first duck. Those are some of the more unusual ones I know of, what about yall?

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Shot a banded wood duck this morning on Ft Bragg. Was banded in Vermont in 2015.
That's Cool!
I haven't, but our group has shot banded Cackler (Canadian) geese in ND that were banded way up in the Aleutians.

Most of the bands though from guys I know seem to be Canadian Geese banded at the fair grounds one county over.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
The first Brant I ever killed was banded in prairie view Nunavut.....i shot it in 2006 and it was banded in 95. Killed it at Hatteras. Killed a double banded Drake mallard in 2011 that had a $100 reward on it. It was banded in Alberta. Have killed several other bands, all mallards banded in various locations.

skimmer

Six Pointer
I killed a double banded black duck in 2011 off Core Sound and one of those was a $100 reward. It was banded in Nova Scotia in 2008

Buff assassin

Button Buck
I killed a double banded black duck in 2011 off Core Sound and one of those was a $100 reward. It was banded in Nova Scotia in 2008

Are you the same guy that got all those guys baiting tickets at Harris years ago??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Shot a drake red head last year that was banded...but 2 of the numbers had worn off...so it was a little bittersweet. That hunt was serendipitous b/c I wasn't planning on hunting that spot. Went out by myself and was sick. I was suppose to go to Currituck that morning but the water had blown out so bad I got a call that we couldn't get the boat out. Decided to go to my local spot. I share a blind with a buddy of mine and his kid and his friend showed up (teenagers). I told them to go ahead and hunt it and I would move down. Honestly thought about packing it in b/c I was really starting to feel bad. Moved down 500 yards. Threw out a few decoys and just sat on a log not even really hiding that good. I think my main thought was WTH am I doing out here ...until that bird came through. That was the only bird I shot that morning and the kids had a good hunt so it was a success all around. Went home and went to bed for the next 3-4 days.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing real spectacular but back in early 2000’s, I went hunting by myself on Christmas evening. Just me and my chessy pup. One lone goose flew in about 5 minutes before lst was over. Pup swam out, brought it back to me. Goose was double banded and had a neck collar. The day it was and my dog made it really special.