Band Of Gobblers

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
02220347.jpg I've had a trail camera out at this place since about August. There is no bait there at all, it's just one of those "pivot" places where the critters like to walk. I pulled a card Friday and it had been about a month since my last visit to that camera. A few deer, one small buck and THESE GOBBLERS! I have been thinking about the coming turkey season a lot anyway but seeing these guys has me making a plan. I actually doubt that I'll be able to connect with one at this place because the acreage is small and in years past all I've ever managed to do here is call up one jake, BUT.... I'll sure spend some time here , just in case.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I hear ya on the small acreage. I got big gobblers hammering it on the roost just off both sides of where I hunt. Every single year. Called in one, once. Never again. We are talking about 50 yards off the property too. They just want to walk the other way every day.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
That's what I always hope to find on my trail cameras...hasn't happened yet though. I hope those guys stick around for you Aaron. Thanks for posting. I also hope we get to see a picture of you holding one by the fan in about 6 weeks.

Jim

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hear ya on the small acreage. I got big gobblers hammering it on the roost just off both sides of where I hunt. Every single year. Called in one, once. Never again. We are talking about 50 yards off the property too. They just want to walk the other way every day.
It is frustrating but if we keep trying, one day they will come. The best turkey woods in the state don't produce a willing bird every time and I always hope that on that magic morning I'll be sitting there when a big one decides to walk to me.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's what I always hope to find on my trail cameras...hasn't happened yet though. I hope those guys stick around for you Aaron. Thanks for posting. I also hope we get to see a picture of you holding one by the fan in about 6 weeks.

Jim
I appreciate that- I am excited that they are still passing through this place and just maybe......