Ban hunting guides... time to rise up sportsmen:women

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
VA is goin crazy

Well the people from up north that moved to VA are going crazy

I’d like for some of these politicians in NOVA to visit and campaign in Dickenson, Russell, and Buchanan counties in the VA coalfields :LOL:

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hopefully won’t be coming to Carolina but times are changing, I got on my soapbox in MB about political shifts, Georgia and Texas ain’t as strong as everyone thinks , NC is very much so split but I try to ignore it or deny it I don’t know, just because I love the state of NC

All y’all can do is vote against the yahoos

WV is starting in with the 2nd ammemdment sanctuary counties like y’all did in response to Virginia’s nonsense

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What is the justification and purpose of this? Just to look good to your ultra-liberal constituents? Waste more time? Zero basis and zero chance of passing.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Live on va line hunted va and nc all my life. First i have heard of that. But wouldnt be supprised if wouldnt be some local support for it. The pay to hunt or hunting lodges or hunting guides ever what you want to call it dosent benefit locals that hunt. When the pay to hunt moves in land rent for hunting goes up. Saw it double here in a few years when they started here.

Reactions: DRS

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It looks like this bill is sponsored by folks with an R next to their name.

You are correct. I made an incorrect assumption. That makes it even more a head scratcher. Locals upset about big money coming in to pay for hunts?

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
What happened is the DC suburbs of VA expanded over the last few years. IMO it still comes down to voter turnout. I believe that if the rest of VA turned out to vote they could have stopped this. I wonder how many didn't vote that are now complaining. That should be a lesson to NC with the expansion of the Raleigh, Charlotte, and everyplace in between, this can easily happen here. Unless there is a great turn out by those opposed. Either way and sadly, it is probably just a matter of time.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sounds like someone from Outdoor Access ticked off someone in the VA Legislation. OA is based in VA and a LOT of their land is in VA and this bill would basically put them out of business in VA.
Lease less than 3 days??? All guides have to do is "lease" or "sublease" land longer than 3 days to hunters and they are good!
Just look at how Tombstone Creek in Missouri does it. Pay to hunt, nothing else involved.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Why lump Guides in there?? Most of the guides I know still hunt, and take clients onto public land. It's not like we can afford a 10K acre lease and charge no more than we do. When we have to lease land to make a living expect the cost per day to go through the roof and then Guides go out of business, poaching increases and the resource goes to hell and hunting/fishing no longer exists..... Pick your poison...

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like someone from Outdoor Access ticked off someone in the VA Legislation. OA is based in VA and a LOT of their land is in VA and this bill would basically put them out of business in VA.
Lease less than 3 days??? All guides have to do is "lease" or "sublease" land longer than 3 days to hunters and they are good!
Just look at how Tombstone Creek in Missouri does it. Pay to hunt, nothing else involved.
You are correct about hurting OA BUT the 3 day lease portion of the bill has been stricken from the proposal according to a good source

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Live on va line hunted va and nc all my life. First i have heard of that. But wouldnt be supprised if wouldnt be some local support for it. The pay to hunt or hunting lodges or hunting guides ever what you want to call it dosent benefit locals that hunt. When the pay to hunt moves in land rent for hunting goes up. Saw it double here in a few years when they started here.

If butthurt hunters support this, I’m ashamed.

What’s next?? Make all leases illegal?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Seems like some folks with pockets want to maybe get some chunks of land to hunt themselves. They take over the land, they already OWN the law... they can do what they want, when they wanna do it.
Seems possible.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
VA is goin crazy

Well the people from up north that moved to VA are going crazy

I’d like for some of these politicians in NOVA to visit and campaign in Dickenson, Russell, and Buchanan counties in the VA coalfields :LOL:
Ah my home area that would be a treat for sure most people don't know backwoods people till been there and toss in few counties on line in west va and ky and would be perfect😁

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You are correct about hurting OA BUT the 3 day lease portion of the bill has been stricken from the proposal according to a good source

Good.....They probably realized there were too many ways around the 3 day leases!!!

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Some of us would... “I know a guy”

And I hunt with a good friend who is an old mountain hillbilly.... not sure the song “a country boy can survive” was phrased correctly ... should’ve been a “Hillbilly can survive”

My great uncle was a mountain man in western NC. I LOVED going to his house growing up and just listening to his stories about hunting and roaming the woods. Never got to hunt with him before he passed but I sure would love to have been able to.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
The country is getting divided not by democrat vs republican but more so urban vs rural. The coasts, both East and West and states with very large metro areas (IL) policies are getting more and more liberal and ridiculous. NC is starting to fall in line, slowly but surely, with the northeast and our neighbor to the North.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Things seem to be going full-on liberal. Everybody has to "facebook like" things and take a side on the libtard side of ANY issue.... even if it has absolutely nothing to do with them, or impact them in any way.
Seems just radical liberal to me.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
I could tell tales but no one would believe me.😁
I’d believe you having worked in Pike County, Hazard, Mingo County, Logan and the like. It’s a whole ‘bother world up there lol. Nice people once they realize you aren’t with the government and are a harmless, country boy outsider from NC just working 😜

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Funny how everyone assumes its from people up north- not just this but for anything viewed as 'liberal'. But no northern states have rules like this AND this was sponsored by republicans.

Time for VA folks to look in the mirror and stop with the scapegoats. I once had that state pegged as my retirement destination but that is fading REAL fast.