Balloon Time Helium Tank

TH7

Eight Pointer
Anybody used these for anything else after blowing up balloons? Convert to a portable air tank or anything?

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think those tanks are not made of heavy enough materials to be safely used as an air tank. I haven't come up with a practical repurpose use for them, so they just get tossed in the scrap metal bin...

TH7

Eight Pointer
I think those tanks are not made of heavy enough materials to be safely used as an air tank. I haven't come up with a practical repurpose use for them, so they just get tossed in the scrap metal bin...

That's what I suspected. Would be a good target before disposing of them I suppose.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I welded on some ears and a trunk and water valve on back a few years ago. Painted it blue and called it an elephant.

Little girl used it to play eith as a sprinkler. She hasn't used it last couple years.

Attachments

• 20190512_182656.jpg
    20190512_182656.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190512_182648.jpg
    20190512_182648.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

TH7

Eight Pointer
I welded on some ears and a trunk and water valve on back a few years ago. Painted it blue and called it an elephant.

Little girl used it to play eith as a sprinkler. She hasn't used it last couple years.
Very cool!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
We are, apparently, running out of the second most abundant gas/element in the universe. How...unfortunate.

Last edited:

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I believe I saw an article that Party City was having to close 45 stores because of the shortage.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
blame the Saudi's for closing the border with Qatar,,,

blame the "climate extremists" for slowing production of natural gas,,,,of which helium is a by-product,,,

blame the stupid balloon people for wasting it!!